body aches and weight loss

Options
anyone besides me getting body aches as you're losing? neck, shoulder, and.back particularly

Replies

• OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This probably won't make you feel better, but I've actually had much LESS pain as I've lost - especially hips, knees, morning stiffness. I thought this was just a result of my age (50) and weight (SW 232), but I went low carb (no sugar, no white flour) and have found that even before a lot of weight came off, I was feeling MUCH better. I think it may have been the whole inflamation thing.

How long have you been doing this (dietary changes)? Just started or at it for a while? (I see 10# on your ticker, but don't know over what time frame.) Have you changed what you're eating or just how much?

Have you started an exercise regime recently? (duh! like you couldn't figure that one out yourself.) Eating too little - especially too little fat - that your joints need to be "lubricated" and feel OK? Drinking enough water? It could be that you're carrying yourself differently and that means some things might ache for a while.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but hopefully someone else will chime in.

Good luck!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    What sort of exercise do you do, and what do you do after you finish exercising?