Jillian Michaels... Body Revolution.. YAY or NAY????

Options
I just ordered The JIllian Michaels Body Revolution.. 90 day workout program. I was just curious if anyone has tried it and got AMAZING results???? I'm so needing to drop these last 40 pounds... The sclae is STUCK and I'm getting so Frusturated. Any feedback would be Appriciated

THANX,
Michelle XOXOXOX

Replies

• princessveggiecake
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is a bad *kitten* so I'm sure if you follow her explicit directions, it will work. Diet included. I have 30 day shred, and it kicks my *kitten* every time I use it. Dropped like 3lbs the first week (not on a super healthy diet)... If I were to stay persistent, I may have lost more. lol
  • keedanlex
    keedanlex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My friends and I are starting this on April 1st. I can't wait I just finished with an 8 week weight loss challenge at the gym and lost 21 lbs, now I am shooting to lose the next 50 with Jillian's program. Read the facebook page for the Revolution there are success stories there and links to blogs where people doing the program are charting their progresss week to week.

I just watched the Cardio disc for phase one and it looks doable. I just need to pick up some more weights. Right now I only have 3lb ones, wishing my Walmart carried the Jillian ones.
  • lisseteglori
    lisseteglori Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well it's new. I am on week 3 of this program and it's great. I'm 155 pounds and on the first week I lost 2 pounds WITHOUT doing her kickstart your metabolism schedule. If I would've done the kickstart for the first week, I'd probably be done more pounds. the second week I lost one pound but I gained muscle which is better so I can burn more calories. As the weeks progress, it gets harder and there's a lot of balancing but they are so you can do the other weeks easier. Many workouts she does on the first and second week are in the 3rd and 4th week she adds things to it so it gets harder. Overall I think it's great so far. Can't wait for Day 90 though :D!

I started with 5lbs weights because if you are used to using weights, it's good if you upgrade and she tells you in the DVD for her workouts when to use the appropriate weight. She recommends later to get weights heavier than 8 to do some exercises that won't blow out your biceps.

Hope I helped.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    so what id this dvd actually like?is it similar to 30ds or ripped in 30, if not what is different about it. how long is it? I can't seem to find any good explanations on what it is about....
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    so what id this dvd actually like?is it similar to 30ds or ripped in 30, if not what is different about it. how long is it? I can't seem to find any good explanations on what it is about....

Go to jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com. You can watch the trailer and it tells you what you get. Its made up of 15 workouts 5 done each month (phase 1,2,3) 4 workouts and 1 cardio. It looks awesome! Mine is supposed to be delivered today :)
  • stef827
    Options

Go to jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com. You can watch the trailer and it tells you what you get. Its made up of 15 workouts 5 done each month (phase 1,2,3) 4 workouts and 1 cardio. It looks awesome! Mine is supposed to be delivered today :)

Oh and each workout is supposed to be 30 mins, give or take 5 mins, that's what ive been seeing from others posting about the daily workout.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog...I give it a BIG YAY!!!!

http://phatsoslim.blogspot.com
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx, i did checkout her site but i didn't hear how long each one was. i get it's a lot longer of a program but i like her 30 min dvd's.. i can always fit them into my day at some point...anything longer and i won't do it.

Do you think people will get the same results without using her diet plan? i hate using their diet plan as either half the foo on it i don't eat or like or i can't get it at our local stores... i know i would get better results using it...I also didn't get great results from her 30ds, so i was wondering if i would get some from this one..???
  • stef827
    Options
    thx, i did checkout her site but i didn't hear how long each one was. i get it's a lot longer of a program but i like her 30 min dvd's.. i can always fit them into my day at some point...anything longer and i won't do it.

Do you think people will get the same results without using her diet plan? i hate using their diet plan as either half the foo on it i don't eat or like or i can't get it at our local stores... i know i would get better results using it...I also didn't get great results from her 30ds, so i was wondering if i would get some from this one..???

A lot probably depends on the person. If your still staying within a reasonable Calorie goal and eating pretty healthy not just a bunch of processed foods than I'm sure you would get results. I think it would be fine not to follow her meal plan. Consistancy is key, if you do that with the exercise and your food I'm sure you will get great results. How much weight do you have to lose? I understand about the 30 mins so this program is great!
  • lin7604
    Options

A lot probably depends on the person. If your still staying within a reasonable Calorie goal and eating pretty healthy not just a bunch of processed foods than I'm sure you would get results. I think it would be fine not to follow her meal plan. Consistancy is key, if you do that with the exercise and your food I'm sure you will get great results. How much weight do you have to lose? I understand about the 30 mins so this program is great!

not a whole lot now, i have 8 lbs left. I have been stuck for 2.5 month now at 133 and my goal is 125. I am 5ft 2 inches.. just can't seem to get under 132 at all but i have a hard time sticking to diet plans as i am picky and i have a picky hubby and 5 year old at home and i refuse to cook 3 separate meals!!!! so i try to do really well all day and then have a bit more calories at dinner time just b/c it's usually more filling/ heavy foods... I am slowly converting them to healthier dinners but i have to do it slowly,lol
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    big YAY. I'm only on Day 3 but I love it so far. I'm used to doing Crossfit and similar workouts, but i can't wait til weeks coming to get into some hard ones. I still work up a sweat though. 30 minutes flies by!
  • TriciaEC
    TriciaEC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This program is awesome! I tried to stick with P90X before, and the workouts were too long and I started to dread doing them (not to mention, it made me think that yoga was the devil, haha). Once I stopped P90X, I started to look into Jillian Michael's DVDs. I first bought the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and even though it kicked my butt, I loved it! I was hooked and bought the rest of the DVD's she had released so I wouldn't get bored. Even the yoga one, which is now one of my favorites. I recently started the Body Revolution Program - I look forward to working out everyday and since its only 30min it fly's by. I haven't been using the diet plan she includes, but I have been sticking to the 1,200 calorie rule (she suggests 250 cal breakfast, 400 calorie lunch, 150 calorie snack, and 400 calorie dinner) and getting results like everyone else doing the program. I reference Hungry Girl for low-cal recipes, and cut out red meats (only shopping on perimeter of grocery store & organic section on a budget). Each DVD is set up of 4 circuits (much like her other DVDs) so it's easy to gauge how much longer you have. I also skipped the 7 day Kick Start. I've lost about 5lbs and I'm on Week 2 day 3 (the cardio workout is no joke). She's not annoying in the video & is good about giving ques, she even makes me a laugh a few times throughout the workout and is very motivating. The program hasn't been out long enough to see (other people then the test group's) results, so I'm excited to see results of other people soon. It's pricey but so far I think it was a great investment. I would recommend the program to anyone :happy:
  • Mahora
    Mahora Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm on week 3 and decided not to weight in before the end of each phase. The thing is I feel like I've put some weight on. My pants are tighter and I do not feel skinnier. I'm not following the meal plan because it's too complicated for my situation, but I stay on a 1200 calories daily diet and eat healthly non process food. I hope the weight loss will start soon, I'll evaluate the results at the end of this phase.

As for the workouts, so far so good. They are well balanced and 30 minutes is perfect for me. I usually train in the morning and run in the evening.

So i'll say Yay if the results are there next time I weight in! :-)
  • ChloeMoney
    ChloeMoney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up my week one and I have already lost 8 lbs! I do the workout she tells you to do each day and on top of that if I have the time I do Interval Training for half hour after. I am not following her diet, but I am eating around 1200 calories a day. Loving the results so far!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!!! i started march first and after my first 2 weeks i was down 10lbs!!! and this is without the kick start our following her menu! i was stuck at 185lbs forever and with her help within the first week i was out of the 180's
  • CassiesFitness101
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, so happy to hear all the great reviews! I won't be following the lunch part of the meal plan because I can't bring those things to school, but I'll still be eating clean and healthy! Will it still work?
  • Carrieagroff
    Options
    I just started this on Monday! Super excited! I did the first two workout videos and I'm loving it! The only thing I can't figure out is how to adjust the resistance cables? Can anyone help me with this? I've read the instructions but just can't seem to figure out how to make them shorter.

Also, does anyone know what I should do when I go on vacation for a week in July? Do I just skip and week and restart when I get home? I plan on sticking with the 1200 calorie/day while on vacation but I won't have access to a dvd player to do the videos.