Still new to the site..its so addicting

Options
Hi my name is melissa, i am new to this and I want to lose about 60 pounds.I have been on here now for about a week and a half and this site is sooo addicting.I love getting on and reading everyones topics, suggestions, and about their progress.It is so motivational.I do not goto the gym just yet, still intimidated by it, but i have been counting my cals like crazy, doing my wii fit for at least 45 min a day, and crunches every night.Just wanted to jump in and say Hi, and i hope to have a great experience in this long journey of attaining a healthy body.Thanks again!:flowerforyou: :blushing:

Replies

• Prissymissy1984
    Options
    Hi my name is melissa, i am new to this and I want to lose about 60 pounds.I have been on here now for about a week and a half and this site is sooo addicting.I love getting on and reading everyones topics, suggestions, and about their progress.It is so motivational.I do not goto the gym just yet, still intimidated by it, but i have been counting my cals like crazy, doing my wii fit for at least 45 min a day, and crunches every night.Just wanted to jump in and say Hi, and i hope to have a great experience in this long journey of attaining a healthy body.Thanks again!:flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I love :heart: this sight also and I too find it addicting. I went out of town for 2 days and was just lost without the food journal... Dont worry about the gym, just keep up with what your doing and when you feel you need more of a challenge then start the gym or get an exercise video. I just got the 30 day shred, quite challenging and inexpensive. You can do it!!! :happy:
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    It's incredible how motivating this site is. I've found keeping a journal so very helpful too. It helps me stay disciplined through out the day. I record every little thing even on the days I go waaaaay over. All I know is, something seems to be working for me.

Good luck with your goal,
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Hey I do the same thing, recording everything even on the days I go waaaaaay over. I feel like I'm not cheating because I am recording that banana split or whatever it is. I am good most of the time and then blow it when I get close to losing 10 pounds. I don't try to do this of course, I just can't stop it. I think I will when it gets warmer here and I have to start shedding the clothes. I am actually really happy losing this 9 pounds, which will probably be 8 tomorrow.
    Anyhow welcome. I too am addicted to this site. It works.
    Try and make yourself a ticker so you can see how much weight you have lost. I love my ticker.
  • SpringFlower78
    SpringFlower78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to:embarassed: ,this site to it has help me stay focused on what its about. and keeping track of what i eat is a lot easier here than on papper for some reason.:drinker:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love this site too! Good luck on your journey, we're all here for you! :smile:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    me too - I love and am addicted to this site. It is so supportive, motivational, and knowledgeable.
    use the knowledge to your advantage. Good - luck
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :happy: :drinker:
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    Good Morning!

Question here - I haven't been doing the food journal - is this something that truly is helpful? I don't have time to go to the pc everytime I eat - is it okay to do it a few times a day? I do have access to the pc all day, but I am thinking I might forget, so I would like to do it a few times a day? Also, when you do the journaling, are you keeping track of the calories on the notebook if you write it down? I am new to the whole food journaling and I want to do the best way possible!
    THANKS!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Question here - I haven't been doing the food journal - is this something that truly is helpful? I don't have time to go to the pc everytime I eat - is it okay to do it a few times a day? I do have access to the pc all day, but I am thinking I might forget, so I would like to do it a few times a day? Also, when you do the journaling, are you keeping track of the calories on the notebook if you write it down? I am new to the whole food journaling and I want to do the best way possible!
    THANKS!

You will be amazed at how helpful it is! I really was off on some of my calorie guesses on some foods and how much i was putting into my mouth all day. It is all there in black and white now. Love logging food, it helps me to know how many calories I have left for the day. I log usually 2-3 times/day.
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks! I am starting this morning! I am looking forward and curious to see how off I am as well!
    Have a great day!
  • RLST528
    RLST528 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree! I've been on this site for about a week (a little longer), and absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I didn't read all of the posts in this topic but I was telling my husband that this site is about 95% like WW online. Only it's free and the food section is waaaaaaaaay better!!! I love how specific you can get w/the food and how most of the food I eat is ALREADY in the database inserted by another user! I don't like the exercise part too too much. I wish I could get more specific there. Other than that tiny little piece, this site is soooooo wonderful!!! I thank my trainer for introducing me!!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome this site is so helpful