4000 calories....Not happening

Options
2»

Replies

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    How about 5-10 bananas spread out? They're approx 100 cals/piece give or take and if you need to just make up a few hundred cals that's a way to do it.

DO NOT DO THIS! Bananas are one of the worst fruits to overdo on. They are deceptively acidic and they are high on the glycemic index. If you wanted to do the increase with fruits, you'll need to do research, or I'd suggest adding them like I did... with babyfood. The fruit purees are free of sugar, taste decent, and a 50 cent jar is 200ish calories.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to lose, so it's probably not as important that you eat you exercise calories.

This.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it too much - and I definitely wouldn't overeat just for the sake of getting to that calorie amount. Just eat properly and count what you do eat. It's better to eat smart and be under on calories than to overeat and end up feeling bad.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that sort of problem!

But as others have said, you have a lot to lose, so that kind of big deficit doesn't matter at this stage. When you get close to goal weight you do need to start paying more attention, I think, but at the moment, I would appreciate the fast weight loss!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Trail mix can be a pretty heavy hitter as far as calories go because the nuts are high in (good) fats and the fruits are high in sugars. Get one with cashews, fruits, and dark chocolate and I think you'd be able to down 500kcal pretty fast.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    How about 5-10 bananas spread out? They're approx 100 cals/piece give or take and if you need to just make up a few hundred cals that's a way to do it.

dont eat 5 or 6 bananas. They can constipate you!

The opposite! Bananas are madly full of soluble fibre and make you poo.

I read a news story once about a man who was caught stealing diamonds and swallowed them as he was caught to avoid detection, and the police force fed him 50 bananas to make him s**t out the diamonds.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I weigh about 160 lbs. Yesterday I recorded 3662. Saturday I recorded 5072, and that was probably low since I was guessing about food from restaurants/outdoor BBQ stand/Beerfest. If I can do it, so can you!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

:flowerforyou:
  • nicole0409
    Options
    What I do is enter my work out routin in the morning (because I don't work out until after work). I then see how many calories I will have that day and then try and hit in enough meals and snacks to consume the calories. I normally fall short.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Also, if this happens in the future, drinking your calories can be a great way to boost caloric intake. Whole milk, juice, smoothies etc. It can be easier to drink your calories than to eat them sometimes.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Also, if this happens in the future, drinking your calories can be a great way to boost caloric intake. Whole milk, juice, smoothies etc. It can be easier to drink your calories than to eat them sometimes.

That had not crossed my mind. Thank you.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

That had not crossed my mind. Thank you.

Yep. If I am super low, I'll do a protein shake with full fat coconut milk. The kind from a can. If you add nut butter and banana, (just one!) you can EASILY get a shake up to around 700-800 cals. I had one that was 750 once. It was delicious.
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have run into that problem at times.

I am not a dietician, but I have tried to read up on calorie intake, and I have never found that one day of low calories is going to do your efforts any harm. You might wake up hungry tomorow, but you aren't going into "starvation mode" because of one day (or even a couple of days spread out over time). It's the consistently very low calorie intake that gets your body thinking it better hit the "starvation mode" button. Arnold Schwarzenegger and the competitive body building types write about "calorie cycling" where they would eat very few calories for a period of time to lose weight, and then up the intake for a several days to ensure their metabolism stayed at a high level. Makes sense to me.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    One day here and there won't kill your efforts, but one thing to supplement your calories with is a good trail mix with lots of dried fruits and raw nuts. Healthy, definitely non-constipating, and calorie rich. Oh yes, and make sure to chase it with a lovely bottle of Cabernet. :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You can probably just skip out on those calories and forget it ever happened.

Or, tomorrow, you could eat something extra that you want but can't normally have.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Nope. Drank a protein shake, and had dinner. Off to read until sleep. Exhausted and full. Should sleep well!

Edited to say only got down about 2200 raw calories. Net isn't much but will be fine tomorrow.