Exercise (30ds) pre-breakfast?

Options
Hi there, apologies in advance for the pretty silly question! I am on day 11 of the 30ds i.e. day 1 of level 2 tomorrow. I have a prettt busy day with meetings etc and was wondering if anyone does any exercise before they eat breakfast? I just wondered if you have energy or whether you just get light headed etc?

I may get up earlier tomorrow to fit my session in but just wondered what the advice is on exercising first thing in the morning before eating? Thank you so much for any help you can offer?

Replies

• lozza993
    lozza993 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi there,I had the same problem was busy from when I get in from work so I got up and did 30 day shred before breakfast and I felt perfectly fine when doing it.just looked extra forward to having my breakfast.are you seeing amy results with tht workout yet?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Try having something small and fast to at least give your body some energy for a good workout. A small handful of almonds is a great choice!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I can't workout having eaten that day. I have to workout fasted (get up and do it first thing in the morning before eating).

It's really what works for you, everyone's different, but a lot of people recommend at least something small before working out.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I always do The Shred or whatever DVD I'm doing before breakfast. It's the best time of the day :happy: I've never had a problem and I have heard it's the best way of burning fat!
  • rcolaizzi
    Options
    About half of my workouts are early morning, before breakfast. I have not experienced any issues with it. When done, it seems to make breakfast all that much better!
  • islaybower
    Options
    I did it before breakfast recently and felt absolutely awful, but to be fair I hadn't eaten since 5pm the previous day, so it was well over 12 hours without food. Small handful of almonds, a bit of banana or something would probably help? Could you set your alarm, scoff down a bit of food, then snooze for 10 mins before getting up and exercising?
  • jessiecasper
    Options
    That is my MO - Get up early and get my work out done before my brain knows what I'm doing. A hand full of raw almonds and a cup of ice water is all I need to get me going and working out. My morning cuppa and breakfast are always much appreciated!! Let me be clear - I do not do the 30DS... I Zumba.
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the tips - that's great. I'll rise at 0600 (yuk) tomorrow and fit it in before my well earned breakfast!!!

Lozza, my weight has been fluctuating up and down the last 10 days - I think I am now 2 pounds down from when I started the shred - but the inches on day 7 were down 9 in total which I was amazed at - 2 inches from my waist, 3.5 from my belly button, 1 inch each off hips and chest, 1/4 off each arm, 1/2 inch off each thigh - loving it (well loving those moments after I have done it and feel all smug and track my exercise on here, lol)

Thanks again x
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Check out fasted cardio, eatstopeat and leangains. Some good info and something that might help you make decisions.
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. I got up at 6am and did d1 l2 this morning. Despite the shock to the system I felt great and very virtuous all day for having got my exercise in. Extra time this evening to do homework etc with the little people!!!
  • karuthdv
    karuthdv Posts: 2
    Options
    First thing in the morning before I eat is my best and favorite time to work out!
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do it before breakfast. No way could I force something down at 6am :)
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    i know at some fat camps people wake up have a shot of apple juice so that your body thinks your going to be having food, then they work out, then have plenty of protein after xx
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I always did 30DS before breakfast. Can't eat for an hour following my thyroid meds, so I exercise!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    depends what you can handle. I can go for a run without eating in the morning but I can't do HIIT without having something small. Too many calories burned and my sugar level
  • KnotNow9295
    Options
    My workouts are nearly always before breakfast. I have a good growl going by the end, but have never experienced adverse effects. Feels great to get it behind me and I like to think metabolism is boosted for the day.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I always have done the 30DS before break fast and have been ok. I don't normally eat breakfast till later though. I can't eat right when I get up.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I used to exercise at 5AM daily - I'd have a half an english muffin with natural PB before, and then eat breakfast around 7.
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    behind_blue_eyes_83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do a similar workout four times a week before breakfast. I rarely eat any snack before, although I will have a cup of tea. It takes c. 45 minutes so I'm really starving by breakfast. I never skip breakfast, and try and get some protein in.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I get up, make my lunch, change into workout gear, do 30DS, eat breakfast (usually a protein shake), shower, get ready, go to work...