scale obsessed?

Options
How do you guys keep yourselves from weighing constantly? I know that it's not good to do, I don't need the reasons why I shouldn't do it.. but I weigh at least once everyday.

I'm thinking about having my husband hide the scale (lol) and was going to try for once a week. I was reading some posts and I am seeing more and more people waiting even longer than that. Is it because you have great self control, or do you not have a scale? lol

Replies

• bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It is only bad if you make it out to be..I weigh myself everyday, the days I lose, I imaginarily pat myself on the back and tell myself Im doing something right, if I dont, I tell myself I need to get off my *kitten* a little more..win win for me.

However, I dont obsess over it, there are some mornings I just dont get the time, and I just wont weigh myself any other time during the day.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    How do you guys keep yourselves from weighing constantly? I know that it's not good to do, I don't need the reasons why I shouldn't do it.. but I weigh at least once everyday.

I'm thinking about having my husband hide the scale (lol) and was going to try for once a week. I was reading some posts and I am seeing more and more people waiting even longer than that. Is it because you have great self control, or do you not have a scale? lol

i took the battery out of my scale at home and had my boyfriend hide it. Easier to hide than the actual scale. lol. At the gym I am just telling myself to jump on the equipment and go because I won't weigh after i'm done. Ever. So that helps me. I just try to exercise self control, which im learning more these days
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have recently started putting duct tape over my scale's little window -- I became OBSESSED. I would weigh in 2-3 times a day. I am trying to get back to only weighing in once a week, but it really is hard. I live alone too, so I can't have someone hide my scale in my tiny apartment. But I am tempted to put it under the sink until my weigh in days. Try the 'out of sight, out of mind' thing.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I have been trying forever not to weigh myself multiple times a day. Honestly, I just got fed up with the scale..it hasn't moved in a little over a week. So, I have stayed off the scale for 3 days now! This is a world record for me. I am now concentrating on my measurments. I am gonna limit myself to once a week.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. Same time. Your weight can fluctuate so much for a variety of reasons. I don't want to deal with that.

Kristine
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    It is only bad if you make it out to be..I weigh myself everyday, the days I lose, I imaginarily pat myself on the back and tell myself Im doing something right, if I dont, I tell myself I need to get off my *kitten* a little more..win win for me.

However, I dont obsess over it, there are some mornings I just dont get the time, and I just wont weigh myself any other time during the day.

Exactly me.
  • lrbohn
    lrbohn Posts: 11
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with weighing yourself every day as long as you can handle the swings.

I weigh myself every day and record it as well. It helps me to predict when my weight will go up and down. Knowledge is power.

If you are one that sees a higher number and then starves yourself or works out excessively, then hide that scale, otherwise trust that you didn't eat too much and its just water fluctuation.
  • stringqueen16
    Options
    I weight every day, sometimes more than one time. I try to weigh at the same time each day, and get up and down results. I don't think it's really a bad thing to weigh every day. As long as you're not the type of person to get discouraged when you see the scale go up, I think it's perfectly okay to weigh every day. Your weight is going to fluctuate every day...every hour really...but accept that and weigh whenever you want to.
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weight every day. It's not an obsession, I just do it when I get up in the morning. It gives me a reference point for my day. Reminds me to drink my water, lay off the sodium and get my Kan of the Kouch!
  • akittyisyou
    Options
    I had to throw out my scales, actually. I weigh myself once a week on the electronic scales at the pharmacy - yeah, it's a euro a go, but it keeps me from being obsessed and I have a nifty little print out at the end =D
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    How do you guys keep yourselves from weighing constantly?
    umm, I don't. I weigh almost every day. It's an addiction of mine. You're not the first one to suggest TODAY (*ahem Sus*) to have my husband hide it. I'm sure he'd be willing to hide it for me. Goodness knows, I hide enough chocolate around the house at his request, since I somehow can resist.

*kicks rock*
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    I literally THROW away our scale. It helped.
  • APPLETON29
    APPLETON29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I way everyday in the morning to make sure i'm on track plus like to see it going down. However I only record my weight once a week on a Friday always at the same time and always naked so no excuses!! lol (You may not have needed to now the last bit though!!)
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm scale obsessed but have stopped worrying about it any more. I'd rather know what I weigh each day and measure small fluctuations rather than weigh in once a week, and feel terrible about wasting a whole week when I haven't lost much. I figure I'm preparing myself either way with daily weighing!

Each to their own.
  • APPLETON29
    APPLETON29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I way everyday in the morning to make sure i'm on track plus like to see it going down. However I only record my weight once a week on a Friday always at the same time and always naked so no excuses!! lol (You may not have needed to now the last bit though!!)

meant 'weigh'!
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day because I feel it is a nice reminder in the morning of where I am heading. If it's up, I try harder that day. If it's down, I try to get it lower. I only record my weight officially once a week.

I tried to quit the scale for a while and I completely fell off the wagon.
  • msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    Options
    Even my doctor said she weighs everyday. It can become obsessive, but I find when I stop weighing myself I put on weight because I'm not tracking it and it sort of becomes 'out of site out of mine'. So I'm not sure weighing daily is such a bad thing really
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    Like someone else said, it's only bad if you make it out to be.

I weigh everyday, good days, bad days, TOM days etc. It's something I like to do. I AM on a diet and I WANT to see my weight going down!
  • ssieben
    ssieben Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I became way way wayyyyy too obsessed with the number on the scale, so much so that it would affect whether I was going to have a good day or not. If I was up a pound even though I ate good and exercised....watch out! I was miserable to be around even though I knewwww that I am weight training in the gym and need to focus on inches lost and not pounds gained. Sooo I made the decision to give up the scale for Lent this year. At first it was devestating... but now its sweet relief not to be a slave to the scale. I plan on weighing myself only once a month after Lent is over. As long as I know Im eating healthy and exercising.... there is no reason for me to be on that scale every morning trying to justify why Im up or why Im down in numbers.