Losing weight and exercise

Hello all, a new comer to myfitnesspal site

I wonder if someone could explain to me something regard this table please?

Goal Food Exercise = Net
1200 360 - 761 - 401

Is this mean that I lost 761 calories my goal is 1200 a day that mean i can eat 401 calories extra?

Not sure how is working. Its probably silly question sorry for that.
Thank you for your help

Lucsi

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member

Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1200 360 - 761 - 401

Is this mean that I lost 761 calories my goal is 1200 a day that mean i can eat 401 calories extra?

Thank you for your help

Lucsi

It means ur goal for the day is 1200 cals. U have eaten 360 calories, u excersised and burned 761 calories, there for u need to eat those back too, so in that case its like netting 401...altho those numbers dont make much sense! But just giving u an idea!
  • Reckabek

Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1200 360 - 761 - 401

Thank you for your help

Lucsi

It means ur goal for the day is 1200 cals. U have eaten 360 calories, u excersised and burned 761 calories, there for u need to eat those back too, so in that case its like netting 401...altho those numbers dont make much sense! But just giving u an idea!

U want ur net to be at 1200! If ur eating back ur excersise earned calories!
  • Lucsi
    Lucsi Posts: 14
    Thank you for the quick reply

I just started the diet because i would like to lose 12Kg by the summer.
    My diary (i think ) is open if anyone could comment on it would be great

Thank you again

Lucsi
  • Reckabek
    Looks like ur eating nice and healthy! Dont starve yourself tho! They alot u an amount of calories still to lose! So u will lose wieght at 1200!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    well from what I could see on your diary but I only saw yesterday filled in you are not eating enough..the foods you are eating do look like good choices though! You need to physically eat 1200 cal a day at minimum.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You need to physically NET at 1200 calories a day.

That is the confusing part to many on MFP.

Most other sites have you pick an activity level that INCLUDES exercise, and then you take a deficit off.

MFP has you pick an activity level that does NOT include exercise, and they still take a deficit off.

That's because it's been shown that diet is easier to deficit than hoping exercise does.

So you now feed your workout, so you can get stronger from it. It aids your weight loss by keeping metabolism up (hopefully).
    Sadly, it has also been shown to make people hungrier than what it just burned.

So when given credit for workouts you log, confirm those are accurate calorie estimates, if unknown, only eat back 80% of them.

Otherwise you'll just slow your metabolism down and stall at some point. You'll have diminishing weight loss during the lag time, but then what? Eat less might be thought, but should eat more.
    As so many on MFP will tell you worked for them.