SICK & all motivation is gone!

Options
I have been home 2 days in row with sinus infection. I feel miserable & just been snacking, havent felt like eating anything i should. ice cream is only thing i like to exat when IM sick, so its comfort food and I know it. Just feel crappy right now. blahhhh

dolphinlover4life

Replies

• ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Your body needs to recover when you're sick so don't worry about it. Just get back to it when you feel better!
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I honestly worry about that happening to me. It seems if I get sick and can't work out or want comfort food, it'll be hard to get back into it. You have to really want it though. You can do it! Keep thinking positive thoughts. You want to be able to be proud of yourself when you're feeling better. Not feel guilty. Hopefully you'll feel better soon and back on your feet. Positive thoughts.

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to sound like you should be up exercising; take care of yourself. Your body does need rest, it was the hard food choices I meant. :-)
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I was there last week. As much as we hate to do it, you need to let your body heal! Don't worry too much about the caloric intake, just set your mind to getting better. When you are, get right back to it. I actually stopped logging my food while I was sick. Didn't want to know, and didn't care.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Oh, and missing a week at the gym really stunk! I hate breaking my routine. But I did skip the gym, and probably healed faster because of it.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I certainly understand the feeling and I don't recommend dieting while you're sick. That said, you aren't going to get better faster eating only ice cream. Have your ice cream but try to get in some protein and vegetables, too. Those vitamins and minerals are good for your body and will help support the healing effort.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup...Frozen Yogurt.... Sugar Free Ice Cream....Sugar Free Jello.... Sugar Free Pudding

Since I know you in real life I will tell you that you are a very strong independent woman and I know that as soon as you kick this dag gone sinus infection you will jump right back into the gym. Part of your problem is you are also busy with regular job, part time job, and the 2 kids. No wonder you feel run down and got sick. Once the antibiotics do their job I know you will do yours. If you have to eat ice cream that's okay too just try to get a healthy kind and add some soups to the mix. When I get sick I don't want to eat at all especially if it hurts to swallow. But I will be here in the end to kick you in the *kitten* and back into the gym if need be. Honestly I think you will do it all by yourself though. Give yourself a few days to relax. Geez woman rome wasn't built in a day. You can take a few days off to mend.

Love ya sis!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've had the flu since Sunday and can't seem to stomach anything but chocolate ice cream.