Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Two words:

No.

I see what you did there. :smile:
  • luztrella
    luztrella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is part of the "master cleanse" designed to clean out the bowels and detox. I personally love it and cayenne pepper is really good for breaking down mucus in the body.
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Does it sound like a good idea to you?

Your body detoxes itself. The only thing that's going to help you lose weight and keep it off is maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit. There's no magic potion.

My hero!!
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    It is part of the "master cleanse" designed to clean out the bowels and detox. I personally love it and cayenne pepper is really good for breaking down mucus in the body.

why do you need to clean out your bowels? Your body does that naturally. It's called taking a dump.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    interesting. i use cayenne pepper in just about everything (including a dash or 2 in my chocolate protein shakes) and i have no issues with things running right through me
    Mmm, spicy chocolate is awesome. I think it does affect some people adversely but it's never bothered me either. Or maybe we have just built up a tolerance to it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Is this just something you drink in addition to eating normally, or are you supposed to fast or eat a special diet? If it's the former I'm sure there's no harm in it, despite its lack of benefits.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The whole notion of spicy foods boosting your metabolism is along the same lines as infra red saunas burning calories. People confuse sweating with an increase in caloric expenditure.
  • artur196
    Options
    Cayenne pepper (powder) fortifies the heart and improves circulation, excellent stuff for exercise! I was a smoker of 10 years, after I quit I used cayenne pepper in warm water after/ before a workout and I can confidently say it has benefited ME in numerous ways;

- Recovery time after workout is around %50 less.
    - Energy and circulation improved which has enhanced and extended my workouts.
    - Breathing becomes easier after ingesting and metabolism has increased significantly.

I think the key is trial and error with anything in life, see how your body reacts, monitor the results and conclude.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i am on this for blood pressure, and i tell you, IT WORKS!!!!!, i take it morning, day, and night, i sprinkle it on all foods, i put it on all drinks,,, you feel it working instantly,,i also mix it in warm water and drink it,,, FABULOUS!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

Read this post. She'll tell you what you can expect to happen.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I would have tried in college, only with vodka.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options

i triple the cayenne when i make caesars!
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    This sounds like an item you would find in the same isle as Jalapeno toilet paper at WTF-mart.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

Question: If I mix the cayenne pepper with vodka, can I count that as water?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I love cayenne. I'll eat more than a teaspoonful on my food when I have it around (need to buy more actually). I read it doesn't do much for your metabolism, the effect just isn't enough to matter. But it tastes good to me, no reason to think it's bad for me, luckily it doesn't bother my digestion.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    interesting. i use cayenne pepper in just about everything (including a dash or 2 in my chocolate protein shakes) and i have no issues with things running right through me

but yeah i know several people who have tried this, suffered through it for a week lost 2-5 pounds and then gained the weight back after they got off.

why not just reduce your calories and eat like a normal person instead of crashing and regaining?

I use cayenne to clear my sinuses.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    one time, in South America, I picked up a parasite, and lost about 5 pounds in a week.

I gotta get to South America.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Question: If I mix the cayenne pepper with vodka, can I count that as water?

Only if you drink a full 8 ounces.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    :noway: