Eating less carbs

Options
Hello,

I seem to have a problem eating too many carbs. I don't always have bread or pasta with every meal, usually 2/3 meals I will. Any ideas on how I can eat less?

Replies

• xMadeInChinax
    xMadeInChinax Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Increase your protein intake and replace bread with more veggies? Like, if you were to have a side of brown rice, have a side of spinach instead. Make your meals feel complete without bread
  • oh_resilience
    oh_resilience Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, hard to make recommendations.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs? If they are whole grain, rice, quinoa, etc then there shouldn't be an issue. Bleached and refined grains aren't my fave, but I love me some whole grain, rice, and quinoa. You can also try gluten free items and if you really, really want to cut down, replace it with beans
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Due to gluten issues, I don't eat a lot of grain-based carbs. You can check out my diary. I still eat over 200g a day. They're mostly fruit, veggies, some oatmeal, and diary based (plus, err, chocolate).
  • emgett
    emgett Posts: 13
    Options
    I have the same problem... personally, I don't try to cut them out of meals completely (I don't want to feel deprived), but I've found that a lot of times I can work with fewer and still feel satisfied. For example, I used to eat crusty rolls with soup (yum!), but I don't miss them if I have even as few as 3-5 crackers. Similarly, while a single serving of pasta never used to be enough, 1 serving pasta mixed with 1 serving of broccoli or spinach is just as satisfying as 2 servings of pasta.

Honestly, though, it's still something I struggle with.
  • oh_resilience
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    By no means am I trying to cut them out completely! I would just like to cut back.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Bump!

I have advice for you, but my info is at home. I will post after school! I had the same issue and this really helped me out!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    have spaghetti squash instead of pasta, put all of you sandwich toppings in a salad, have mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes :)
  • oh_resilience
    Options
    Bump!

I have advice for you, but my info is at home. I will post after school! I had the same issue and this really helped me out!

Alright:)
  • oh_resilience
    Options
    have spaghetti squash instead of pasta, put all of you sandwich toppings in a salad, have mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes :)
    Some great advice, thank you!