What 'compliment' did you not want to hear?

Options
2»

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    "If I were 20 years younger, I'd be after you. You look so good, girl"

Quoted verbatim from my Dad's friend who has to be at LEAST in his late 50's or early 60's. It was at that moment I wanted to just yell, 'STRANGER DANGER! I NEED AN ADULT!!!"..I don't care if I AM 25.

LOL. I would get that all the time at the car dealership I use to work for. Of course that was back when I was skinny :sad:
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    "You have a lovely face."

... ¬_¬ I always get this. Insinuation being 'you have a pretty face, it's a shame about the fat rest of you.'

Happened first in Year 6, when I was 11. We were staying up on a school trip, and the other girls looked at me and were like 'Oh, Hannah, you'd be really pretty if you were thinner.'

THANKS A LOT LADIES!
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    "you are so skinny , almost too much, soon you will look sick -.- " :grumble:
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    You should work out a little more
  • ovilma89
    ovilma89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always get this, " I love your chubby cheeks" (face cheeks)
  • Dulxecita
    Dulxecita Posts: 35
    Options
    I had a good laugh. Good thing its that you are loosing weight.
    My 5 year old boy asked me. "Mom are you having a baby?" And I said NO he then said " women with big bellies have a baby iinside" I did not know if I wanted to laugh or cry
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Hahaha here is a compliment from my old roommate (I was 30lbs heavier):

"....man I wish I could fill out a corset like you do...it doesn't look as good on skinny girls"

:grumble:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    "You're so SKINNY!" <--- Um, no. I am not at all skinny. I am fit and strong and healthy, and I eat skinny people for breakfast - before I lift their bones overhead with one hand.
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "You're not that big, I mean you look really good."

My thoughts: Wth
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    "You're so SKINNY!" <--- Um, no. I am not at all skinny. I am fit and strong and healthy, and I eat skinny people for breakfast - before I lift their bones overhead with one hand.

BEAST!!! :flowerforyou:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

BEAST!!! :flowerforyou:
    I killed this thread... the skinny people must be afraid that I'm going to eat them.
    Don't worry, skinny girls - I had a big breakfast. :happy:
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    From my husband: "I love your big *kitten*. It's sexy!" Thanks for pointing that out to me hun.........
  • jodi15s
    jodi15s Posts: 1
    Options
    "I think you're beautiful, but I like big woman." THANK YOU!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    guy in my office said "ah man, your losing so much weight, now I'm the only fat guy here, nice job though"