I am doing a DETOX

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
My hubby got me this great book. It makes so much since. I was amazed and I am so psyched to get started. Therefore-today 2-1-08-Sunday, I am living it up. My hubby is taking us on a surprise weekend. He just left us a list of what to bring. I have a feeling it is going to be Morro Bay, CA. It is our favorite spot. If it is the coast, I am going to eat calarmi (fried) and fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Some good old clam chowder in a bread bowl. After that, It is all history. I am going to do this detox program. The detox is 3 weeks or three months. Then it shows you how to reintroduce foods into your diets. It is not a juice and fruit detox. It has real food.
First of all-This book ( The Ultrametabolism Cookbook by Mark Hyman, M.D.) breaks things down so it is easy to understand.
It tells you what is good for you, what it does to your body. Same with the bad foods. What harm they are doing and why.
It also has a fabulous cookbook.
This detox and lifestyle change is broke down into 2 phases. Each phase has recipes that sound great. So, with this detox, it am doing the following.
Phase 1
In this phase you are going to clean up your diet. Getting rid of garbage foods, moving toward a diet of whole, unprocessed foods, and eliminating foods that you may have sensitivities to will help you start the weight-loss process and reboot your metabolism.
This detoxification phase helps you quickly reset your metabolism. It is designed to further what you started in the preparation phase by removing the most common food allergens-gluten, dairy, and eggs-and introducing whole, healing food. During the 3 weeks you are in this phase, you may lose 6-11 pounds and start to feel refreshed and healthier.
Besides weight loss, you can expect to feel more energy, sleep better, and get rid of chronic sinus problems, digestive problem's and headaches. Part of the healing occurs because of all the junk you are eliminating, but most occurs because you are introducing delicious whole foods.
Then when you finish phase one, you enter phase 2. You will slowly start introducing eggs, and other foods. It teaches you to understand how your body accepts the food. It has you keep a journal of how you feel after you eat something.
It goes on and on.
What I want to point out is-detox does not mean fasting here. You eat sprout bread in place of the white flour breads. You eat bright colored foods. You don't go more than 4 hours without eating. It has the recipes broke down for phase 1 and 2. It is simple. In place of dairy use soy. Fruit juice and caffeine are out. Green tea is in. You are eating lamb, chicken fish. Fruits, veggies. You will be satisfied.

It talks about seven keys things
control your appetite
subdue stress
cool the fire of inflammation
prevent oxidative stress or "rust"
turn calories into energy
fortify your thyroid
love your liver.
It talks about each of the above in great detail.

http://www.ultrametabolismcookbook.com/guide
Here is a website is repeats in the book to download. I have not received it yet. I downloaded it a few minutes ago. It should have a lot of info.
I hope this all made since. I get to rambling.

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    My hubby got me this great book. It makes so much since. I was amazed and I am so psyched to get started. Therefore-today 2-1-08-Sunday, I am living it up. My hubby is taking us on a surprise weekend. He just left us a list of what to bring. I have a feeling it is going to be Morro Bay, CA. It is our favorite spot. If it is the coast, I am going to eat calarmi (fried) and fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Some good old clam chowder in a bread bowl. After that, It is all history. I am going to do this detox program. The detox is 3 weeks or three months. Then it shows you how to reintroduce foods into your diets. It is not a juice and fruit detox. It has real food.
    First of all-This book ( The Ultrametabolism Cookbook by Mark Hyman, M.D.) breaks things down so it is easy to understand.
    It tells you what is good for you, what it does to your body. Same with the bad foods. What harm they are doing and why.
    It also has a fabulous cookbook.
    This detox and lifestyle change is broke down into 2 phases. Each phase has recipes that sound great. So, with this detox, it am doing the following.
    Phase 1
    In this phase you are going to clean up your diet. Getting rid of garbage foods, moving toward a diet of whole, unprocessed foods, and eliminating foods that you may have sensitivities to will help you start the weight-loss process and reboot your metabolism.
    This detoxification phase helps you quickly reset your metabolism. It is designed to further what you started in the preparation phase by removing the most common food allergens-gluten, dairy, and eggs-and introducing whole, healing food. During the 3 weeks you are in this phase, you may lose 6-11 pounds and start to feel refreshed and healthier.
    Besides weight loss, you can expect to feel more energy, sleep better, and get rid of chronic sinus problems, digestive problem's and headaches. Part of the healing occurs because of all the junk you are eliminating, but most occurs because you are introducing delicious whole foods.
    Then when you finish phase one, you enter phase 2. You will slowly start introducing eggs, and other foods. It teaches you to understand how your body accepts the food. It has you keep a journal of how you feel after you eat something.
    It goes on and on.
    What I want to point out is-detox does not mean fasting here. You eat sprout bread in place of the white flour breads. You eat bright colored foods. You don't go more than 4 hours without eating. It has the recipes broke down for phase 1 and 2. It is simple. In place of dairy use soy. Fruit juice and caffeine are out. Green tea is in. You are eating lamb, chicken fish. Fruits, veggies. You will be satisfied.

It talks about seven keys things
    control your appetite
    subdue stress
    cool the fire of inflammation
    prevent oxidative stress or "rust"
    turn calories into energy
    fortify your thyroid
    love your liver.
    It talks about each of the above in great detail.

http://www.ultrametabolismcookbook.com/guide
    Here is a website is repeats in the book to download. I have not received it yet. I downloaded it a few minutes ago. It should have a lot of info.
    I hope this all made since. I get to rambling.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This does sound great!
    :bigsmile:
    I wish I where going with you all this weekend!
    --Diann...
  • icandoit
    Options
    This does sound great!
    :bigsmile:
    I wish I where going with you all this weekend!
    --Diann...

I will send you a post card.:flowerforyou:
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    Thanks!! Good luck.
  • angyltears
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a great book... I'm going to see that web site!

Have a great time on your trip!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You are amped up! I did the detox from the celebrity fit club, Dr. Ian's Fat Smash Diet and the first phase was 9 days and I lost 10 lbs and I have to say 9 days with no sugar or extra crap in my diet did make me feel great and my skin looked good too.

I think you have just convinced me it is time to go back to that and use the whole program not just the 9 days! :laugh:
  • joanne123
    Options
    lovely hubby :smile:
  • missmelis
    Options
    Hey,
    Thanks so much for the posting. I'm going to check it out right now.
    I just joined the group a little while ago and this is my first posting. I have to admit that it's so incredibly comforting to know that we have an outlet to share our support, frustrations and positive experiences!!!

:smile:
  • icandoit
    Options
    lovely hubby :smile:
    For the most part:tongue:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lol so funny Icandoit...(for the most part)...aren't they all bless thier hearts!

I'm really happy for you and your big weekend and your upcoming detox...I'm actually thinking of doing one myself...a different one, not as long, but lots of juicing etc...and I'm making dh come w/ me because of its health bene's not weight (his metabolism is like an 18 yr old sigh!)

But I'd love to hear how your detox goes and your weekend! how fun...enjoy and YUM on all the calamari and clam chowder...gal after my own heart LOL
    :drinker:
    Ali
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...
    Let us know how the detox works..
    I've considered trying a detox in the past, but have never followed through

the problem is that my diet is horrible
    I'm trying to change how I eat and the choices I make (in 4 weeks, I went from 155 to 146)
    I like a limited amount of fruits and hardly any veggies....
    I've eaten this way since I was very very young

Have a great weekend, Kim
  • Tgeorge
    Options
    thanks so much. I will take a look at the site. My husband and I were just talking about getting clean/detoxing and maybe this is a better alternative than what he had in mind (don't ask).
  • icandoit
    Options
    thanks so much. I will take a look at the site. My husband and I were just talking about getting clean/detoxing and maybe this is a better alternative than what he had in mind (don't ask).

If you have a chance, go to the book store and see if they have the book. It is a short read. It is mainly recipes. It is really interesting. The web is just a guide. We are all doing it, kids and hubby.
    Good luck to you.