Newly Committed

Options
Hi, My name is Jenn E and I am newly committed to losing weight and getting healthy. I say "newly" because this isn't the first time I've tried to start this journey. But, it's different this time. I can't quite put my finger on why but I feel different, I have more motivation and desire than I ever have before. Whatever the reason...I'm ready to do this.

My husband, Randy is on the journey with me. He's my food motivator (I LOVE food) and he helps me to stay on track. I am his exercise motivator. We joined a gym last week and I have gone everyday since (as of today, that's 9 days!). I really enjoy going...which is a pleasant surprise. Today we had our first Body Pump class...not too bad. I was able to walk away and say that I would be back in two days. Progress!

We both have some health concerns. I am diabetic (type 2) and have high cholestoral (doc says the two are related). My husband also has high cholestoral and a problematic thyroid which is no help to his metabolism. We also have 3 daughters between us so we have lots of reason to keep us going.

My goal is to lose 65 pounds. I'd like to say as soon as possible but I know that's not realistic. My short term goal is for June 7, 2011. I wore this beautiful dress 7 years ago when my then boyfriend (now husband) invited me to go to a co-workers wedding...it was the first time I met any of them. Well, I was stuffed into that dress and I think I even was laid-out in the pew because I couldn't bend over...lolol. I haven't been able to get into it since. My oldest daughter is graduatin from 8th grade on June 7th and so I would love to be able to wear that dress for that special day. I've set my long term goal date for June 15, 2014. That will be our 5th wedding anniversary. We were married in Key West aboard a beautiful yacht at sunset. It was a beautiful night! However, I did not feel beautiful and it's very hard for me to look at the pictures. I swore I was not going to be a fat bride...and that's exactly what I was. I've decided that when we return, we are going to bring our wedding clothes with and have a picture taken in them...holding them out so that you can see how much we've lost. Then, I am going to buy the dress I had wanted to wear...but did not come in my size...and wear that when we renew our vows!

So, that's the long story. Short story is...I'm here because I want this to be the time I succeed and I can't do it alone.

Thanks for listening...good luck on your own journey!

Replies

• 25sherry
    25sherry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story and goals! Good luck to you both.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story and goals! Good luck to you both.

Concur!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love your story and wish you both well in reaching your goals! It is great that you have each other for motivation :)