Insanity for 4wks, haven't lost any weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• brianne3643
    Options
    Well I started insanity 57 days ago at 193lbs. I haven't missed a workout. During recovery week I got up to 197lbs. Now I am down to 192. So I have only lost 1 pound since I started. It's pretty discouraging. I have lost 18 inches all over. 4 inches off my stomach. 2 inches off my waist. I am not happy not losing pounds though. I have also been using myfitness pal for my daily calories. I have gone over my calories a few days but most days I am eating about 1500 cals. I am getting some muscle but I think I will start running after I finish insanity in 6 days. I have had more luck running with weight loss! Also I do eat healthy, olive oil, chicken, fish, veggies, fruits, beans, nuts....
  • rmywife14
    rmywife14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hadn't lost any weight by 4 weeks either, and I was getting frustrated. When you're putting in so much effort everyday, it's almost maddening to feel like it's not accomplishing anything. People kept telling me I looked great though, even though I didn't really see it. I'm in week 6 now, and I've lost 6lbs. I've also lost 6 inches from my waist, hips and thighs. I think I will still make some more changes before it's over. And my fitness level is absolutely through the roof! Like you said...I went from doing girly push ups to being able to do A LOT of push ups on my toes. That is huge in itself! Don't give up!
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hadn't lost any weight by 4 weeks either, and I was getting frustrated. When you're putting in so much effort everyday, it's almost maddening to feel like it's not accomplishing anything. People kept telling me I looked great though, even though I didn't really see it. I'm in week 6 now, and I've lost 6lbs. I've also lost 6 inches from my waist, hips and thighs. I think I will still make some more changes before it's over. And my fitness level is absolutely through the roof! Like you said...I went from doing girly push ups to being able to do A LOT of push ups on my toes. That is huge in itself! Don't give up!

How many calories were you eating?
  • ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I started at 167.9lbs and the first week I lost 1lb, then the second week I gained back 1lb. Today was the first day of 3rd week and I lost 6 ounces. I know that it's mostly water weight in my muscles. I did take pictures on the first day and then I today I took pictures and could tell a difference. My body composition is changing. My stomach is slowly shrinking. I already have lost 1 inche in my waist and 1 inche in my hip. I do look like I have lost more. I feel lighter then before. I'm also stronger and endurance has improved. My husband made a statement today saying he should start Insanity. So he must see changes with me which makes him eager to try. My coach told me that results will really go through the roof in the second month. This program is so much for weight loss, but more for conditioning. Don't give up! Month 2 will be killer! Good luck!
  • bwanat12
    bwanat12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up Week 1 of Month 2. No change! :( I just started eating around 1700, drinking 80oz water, eating small meals 5x a day. I have lost 2lbs total, and no inches. Wtf is wrong?! Its so hard and i want to see SOMETHING.
  • princessbee321
    Options
    I am now doing recovery week of insanity, i started off at 125 pounds (57kgs) and day 30 today, im still weighing the same. I dont see any changes to my body too. And its sooo frustrating. I just want to get toned especially in my thighs, they are huge! I eat healthy too. I don't understand why I'm not losing any inches off my body. I mean my waist os quite small but the size of my thighs depresses me. I dont know what to do
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i put on 2lbs while doing insanity, but i lost bodyfat, which is what matters!