Lots of water, good or bad?

Options
tabi26
tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
Hi everyone, I recently read an article online about water consumption and would be interested in some opinions on the water debate.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=378f85de-27de-4046-815e-293b772666e5

Replies

• kratch1
    kratch1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good, water hydrates you and flushes the impurities out if the body
  • annbung
    annbung Posts: 2
    Options
    Water is good for you, but like anything else TOO MUCH isn't good for you. If you drink a lot of water in a short period of time, it can cause an imbalance to your blood pH. Unfortunately, I'm not too sure how much TOO MUCH is, so maybe a bit of googling would help but I'm almost positive that it has to be a substantial amount to have an adverse effect.
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think the last sentence of the article sums it up well:

'What's not known is "whether the proteinuria associated with excessive fluid intake in these otherwise healthy people will affect their kidney function in the long term," the researchers wrote in this week's journal article.'

And I'm sure it's more highly destructive to drink 4 litres of Coke than 4 litres of water, IMHO, which is what I'm more likely to see people doing. Hmm.

Thanks for bringing up the article!
  • dellis3
    dellis3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about this my self . About how much water I should drink per day . I try to drink as much water as a can a day but normal I dont drink that much water or anything at all. I drink my hot green tea in the morning and then water thur out the day .