Protein Shake Diets Good or Bad?

Options
What do you think about these protein shake supplement diets like Shakeology and Body By Vi? Is this really realistic to maintaining weight loss? Or is it just a recipe for disaster?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    What do you think about these protein shake supplement diets like Shakeology and Body By Vi? Is this really realistic to maintaining weight loss? Or is it just a recipe for disaster?

It's a method of creating a calorie deficit. You can do the same thing by regulating your food intake and eating foods you enjoy rather than drinking the above shakes.

That being said, protein powders can be beneficial if your diet is protein deficient, and some people find protein shakes to be convenient.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    To use them just for trying to lose weight, I don't think it's that good. But meal replacement shakes like that can be good sometimes when you're on the run and don't have time for a meal. It's better than not eating anything at all during the day.
  • Nanee24
    Nanee24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think they can be a good thing, as long as you are using them realistically. Before I got serious about losing weight, I wasn't eating breakfast at all. It was causing me to over eat during my other snacks and meals...and because I was so hungry by lunch time, I was making horrible decisions.

I started using a meal replacement shake for my breakfasts three months ago. I drink it within an hour of waking up and it is about 22 grams of protein between the milk and the powder. I feel that it has helped me significantly. I was able to cut down on my snacking in the morning because it keeps me satisfied until lunch. It gets my metabolism started early in the day. And when I have networking breakfasts for work, I still have my shake. It keeps me from filling up on bad choices and allows me to do what I go to the events to do...network, not eat!

Good luck!
  • JENNIBABE08
    Options
    Agreed thanks for the comments guys! :)