I went to a................

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
Mother/Daughter Banquet at my church today and they always have a dinner with lots of food to eat along with so much dessert it isn't funny. I planned ahead and took my own food and I didn't touch one bite of anything they had there. I am so proud of myself b/c before I started this lifestyle change I would have ate till I was almost sick. I just had to toot my own horn. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Mother/Daughter Banquet at my church today and they always have a dinner with lots of food to eat along with so much dessert it isn't funny. I planned ahead and took my own food and I didn't touch one bite of anything they had there. I am so proud of myself b/c before I started this lifestyle change I would have ate till I was almost sick. I just had to toot my own horn. :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Thats a huge accomplishment! good for you! you obviously have this under control, thats a big step! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thats a huge accomplishment! good for you! you obviously have this under control, thats a big step! :flowerforyou:

thanks, Yeah I didn't even feel tempted to eat one thing and everyone around me was eating the stuff and eating dessert in front of me and not one time did I think about going and putting any of the food on my plate.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Laura! You're an inspiration!! :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Great job, Laura! That is quite an accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks guys :flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great job Laura, that is so hard to do and you did it. Great accomplishment.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Great job Laura, that is so hard to do and you did it. Great accomplishment.

thanks so much :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You resisted a church potluck! Now THAT is willpower! Awsome!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You resisted a church potluck! Now THAT is willpower! Awsome!

yes, I did. thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    GREAT SELF CONTROL
    I don't kmow if I could resbcist so many goodies!!!!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Toot away! I know it encourages me when I hear other people talk about the little victories!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    That's great Laura/Master List Member !! :flowerforyou: You're a great role model for us all.! Thanks for sharing your success!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks everyone and it really wasn't that hard for me because when I start thinking about eating things that I shouldn't eat I remind myself of what I looked and felt like at 292 pounds, and how I don't ever want to weigh that ever again. This is how I keep myself in line. :flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    WTG Laura!!!!!!!!!! That is definitely an inspiration.
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Way to go :wink: ...that's inspirational, especially since so much of what we celebrate always involves food! :noway: :sad: I wish that wasn't always true...oh well.

You stuck to your guns girl, and should be very happy, congratulations! :flowerforyou:

I'm going to my cousin's for brunch...I'll have a healthy snack before I go and remeber to exercise portion control!!!!! That worked for me last time and I'm sooooo close to my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!