Weight loss?? Raspberry Ketones???

Options
2»

Replies

• MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm just holding out for La-Mar soap to make a comeback...

nwaz_02_img0199.jpg
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones have been pretty convincingly demonstrated to have no impact on weight loss. I wouldn't bother wasting your money.

On the plus side, though, your butt should be safe.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that you should just eat at a calorie deficit and do some serious weight training. Why even risk losing your *kitten*?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Um.. why would it get rid of your butt?

Raspberries hate butts, which is a shame. Because butts love raspberries.

I'm gonna "bazinga" myself on this one.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I sure like raspberries.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    take blueberry ketones. those burn fat everywhere, leaving the butt intact.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm just holding out for La-Mar soap to make a comeback...

nwaz_02_img0199.jpg

If Dr Oz gives it his blessing I want to buy stock in that company!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

And my opinion...

If they have an effect, it's a small one and it's not worth the money. 7 lbs in one month? That's an average of 1.75 lbs a week- something most people can accomplish with diet and exercise without the add of a supplement. I lost 1 to 2 lbs a week eating 1500 calories a day in the beginning, no supplement needed.

Furthermore, 'natural' doesn't mean safe. How do you know these supplements are safe? Have they been tested strenuously in humans? Nope. These things could be reacting with who-knows-what receptor in your body causing who-knows-what kind of havoc. But people will pop those pills just because they're 'natural'.

And lastly... I work with rats. They are a fantastic model system. But I'd have to be a complete idiot to think that just because something works in rats it will work in humans. Rats and humans are not the same species (though it might be hard to tell them apart sometimes).
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I LOL at the waste of money that could be put to good food instead, haven't seen a bodybuilder get to contest bf% claim to ever take a raspberry ketone (unless they were paid to by the supplement company).... hmmm. Peculiar that people who are schooled in getting ripped don't buy into this kinda bunk ****e. SAVE MONEY, EAT GOOD FOOD.
  • neesey84
    neesey84 Posts: 9
    Options
    :smile:
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! I appreciate all the feedback!!!!
  • extremesuccess23
    Options
    I saw Raspberry Ketones featured on Dr. Oz and I thought, if he is recommending them, they might actually work. I have purchased from Uplifting therapies before and I am comfortable with the company, so it was an easy decision for me. Got mine here: http://amzn.to/1gXMhVd
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones are hyped by Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz is a quack. You asked for opinions, that is mine.
    ^This
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Googled:
    "Raspberry ketone is a natural phenolic compound that is responsible for the heavenly aroma of red raspberries. And according to this Planta Medica study, it’s also a potent fat burner. Tested on a group of portly lab mice, it was discovered that raspberry ketone increased both the expression and secretion of adiponectin. This is important because adiponectinis a protein hormone which modulates a number of metabolic processes, including glucose regulation and fatty acid catabolism. Past research into adiponectin has shown that your levels of adiponectin are inversely correlated with your body fat percentage
    - Higher adiponectin = lower levels of body fat."
    http://www.healthhabits.ca/2011/04/20/raspberry-ketones-weight-loss/

"Portly lab mice"....