Tennis

Options
Hi. I'm getting back into tennis after a 30 year hiatus now that I am much more fit and near my target weight. I bought some Babolat tennis shoes that came highly rated and they felt like a spanish inquisition torture device on my feet when I played over the weekend.

I am looking for recommendations from anyone who plays tennis frequently on hard or clay courts as to what shoes they recommend.

-Mark

Replies

• Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love tennis!

My first recommendation is to find a brand that you love. Go to a specialized tennis store and try on shoes, then go find the ones you like at another place (cause it'll usually be cheaper.)

I have always loved New Balance shoes -- I use to wear them for sports in high school, and my proper tennis shoes are New Balance. They aren't expensive either...I think I paid $50 USD for them? And I bought them from the men's section, because those tend to be a little wider.

I play 6 days a week year round, and I don't know if it is because of that reason that I tend to go through shoes about every 4-6 months? Or if NB shoes really just don't last long. I definitely know Wilson ones do NOT last.

I really don't recommend Nike ones either, unless you just like Nike. They tend to be too narrow on the feet and hurt after a long match.

Hope that helps some!