Has anyone under 5'4 lost 30lbs in 3 months? Needing motivat

Options

Replies

• angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I've lost 122lbs in about 10 months...just exercise and watch your calories and it will come off when it's ready.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Has anyone under 5'4 lost 30lbs in 3 months? Needing motivation...I've been worKing out and have done really well (I'm on week 2) but I need inspiration. Please post your loss and success plan. Thanks!!

It depends on how much you weigh now - have a look at what percentage 30lb is, as 2.5lbs a week is not that realistic for someone with not a lot to lose, but if you are 300+ it could be doable.
  • theresabrenner
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and even though I'm not looking to lose 30 pounds, I'm striving for a secure healthy weight goal. I have only lost 8 pounds (about 1 pound a week), but I have lost 9 inches total (whole body). So if you can lose weight along with inches you've got it made. Taking the weight and inches off at a steady pace will prepare you and condition you to keeping it off.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Start with setting yourself a more realistic goal. Although I'm sure some people on this site have achieved 30 lbs in 3 months, that is going to be extremely difficult to achieve, especially if you only have 30 lbs to lose. Don't set yourself up to fail. Be realistic, make sustainable changes to your diet and lifestyle, and stick with it.
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Lots of factors -
    age, height, weight, bone structure to begin with

reasonable - .5 -1.5 a week

Agree with above, concentrate on inches because it will look like you lost 30 when you change the fat to muscle even if you lost 20 or 25 lbs.

Good luck. Keep track on here and update everybody on your progress. Would love to see what works for you!
  • kkddcc
    kkddcc Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. I probably didn't word the topic as well as I should've. My overall goal is around 30 lbs, but I completely agree that inches are just as important if not more important. I realize that is a hefty goal and my true goal in 3 months isn't 30 lbs. I just wanted some feed back from people who may have done it and see if it's even realistic at all. I was also curious in others' workout regimens who have lost between 15-30 lbs in 3 months. I'm in this for the long haul and whatever success I have from now to June I will celebrate and be proud!
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and at the beginning of my journey i was losing 10lbs a month. yes it has slowed down but i'm still pushing and losing weight ;) and all i did was go on walks and watched what i ate. and i started out at 240lbs so i think it was easier for me to lose it quicker
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It depends how miserable you want to be for the next three months.

I lost 30 lbs in four months through a healthy diet and walking. I wouldn't want to have tried any harder, as it happens I enjoyed the last four months.

I'm 5 foot 3.5 inches.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm on 39lbs I started last June and gave myself 1 yr to lose 3 stone (42lbs), if I can get another pound of by end of this month and 2lb will come off beginning of next month (TOTM) I will reach my goal in just over 9 months instead of 12.

I'm 5ft 3 1/2 too. Maybe try giving yourself 4-6 months instead?
  • ic2133
    ic2133 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 5'4 and I've lost 9.5 lbs in 3 weeks. I believe 30 pounds in 3 months is totally doable. Especially if you have a lot to loose.
  • crystalgoede
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I have lost 29lbs and I started December 19,2011. I have been very strict but have had a few cheat days. Keep my calories at 1200 a day and try to never eat back my workout calories. I workout about 6 days a week for at least an hour and drink green tea 2X a day. I find when I do try to eat back some workout cals.I will not loose. Some people get bent out of shape about not eating your calories back but just went to my endocrinology appointment yesterday and all my tests came out super great compared to the numbers in Dec. when I was 30lbs heavier. If it works for me then I will continue on this path until I get to my goal weight and consider new options. Until then I will keep on this path. Some days are harder then others and I do slip up some just try to get back on it. Good luck and you will do this! :smile:
  • dash108
    dash108 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP on 1-6-12 and have lost 36 lbs since then. I eat every 2-3 hours (sticking with snacks around 100 calories and main meals 300-400 calories). The first month and a half I lost 22 lbs just on diet alone, now that I have incorporated excercise into the plan I continue to drop several pounds per week. My goal is to lose 150 pounds, so I am obviously still pretty big, but can definitely feel the changes with the weight loss. Good luck! :)
  • cortneymau
    Options
    Well, I started at 215 and in the first 7 weeks I've lost 22lbs, so I suppose it is possible. Naturally, my weight fell off quicker at the beginning and now it is more even at 1 to 2lbs per week. I think it depends on how much you are working out and what you are eating. Eat as clean as possible and become an exercise-aholic!
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am 5 '0' and it took me 22 weeks to lose 30 lbs.
  • purplesparklies
    purplesparklies Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As of last night, I am down 25.2 lbs. in 10 weeks. I am on track to hit 30 at 12 weeks and expect do to so. I am 5'2" but am also very overweight.
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Today is day 71 of my life change. I'm 5'1" and I've lost 26 pounds so far. I didn't anticipate loosing this fast but def. enjoy it. I try to keep my protein up and carbs lower. I also try to keep sugars down but rarely keep it under the allotted amount (I love sweet tea). I eat 1200 calories a day across 5 meals. I do ALOT of cardio (5-6 days a week/1 hour+) and do weights maybe 1-2 days a week. I eat back only a little bit of my workout calories. I still have another 40 pounds to lose so I'm sure it will slow down the closer I get..

My recommendation is water, cardio and dedication. I def notice I lose more the weeks I keep my water intake up. Cardio is a must to lose. Last record EVERYTHING. After awhile it becomes habit. (I even caught myself looking at the label of the ibuprofen bottle for calories). Everyone is different so don't compare yourself or your weight lost pace to anyone; only do the best that you can do for you and the scale will start moving. Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you weighed to begin with. I'm 5'5" and I've lost 13lbs in about 2 1/2 weeks but I was very big to begin with and almost sedentary (I didn't work out much) but I was in shape. Also it is relative to your diet before as well. I've cut down to about 1400 calories per day but I was consuming anywhere between 3000-5000 a day before. So basically there are quite a few factors in the loss. Plus I'm going for over 30lbs in 3 months. It isn't unhealthy unless you don't have a great deal to lose or you are not eating and exercising the right way.
  • Cpsnisi
    Cpsnisi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done it but I wouldn't recommend doing it the way I did. About 3.5 years ago I went from around155-160lbs to 130lbs in 10 weeks (I'm 5'2"). I got laid off and things snowballed. I was depressed and I was super afraid of gaining weight because I'd be sitting at home with my preschooler and snacking all day. I went overboard in the opposite direction and started eating very little and after a while it bacame a game I played with myself, to see how little food I could get by on every day. Depression and boredom do strange things to people. After a while I'd basically put myself on a VLCD without any medical supervision. I didn't count calories but there were plenty of days where I'm sure I ate less than 250-300 cal for the whole day. I've since read about "wasting" (in the medical sense) and even though I don't have any of the diseases normally associated with it, that's basically what was going on with my body. It was NOT good. It was NOT healthy. I'd NEVER recommend it.

However, it was effective and I did manage to keep it off for 3 years. At least until a few months ago when again, my life circumstances changed, but this time I did the opposite and overate and *gained* 10+lbs in a very short period of time (think maybe I have an unhealthy relationship with food? sheesh!) I didn't want a repeat of the last time and that brought me to MFP. I'm doing it much more slowly this time, I've lost 9-10 lbs in about 10 weeks, with a few BIG cheats in there. It's coming off much more slowly but I'm a lot happier and MUCH healthier than last time around.

So yes, it's do-able, even if you aren't obese to begin with. I'm proof. But I do NOT recommend it. I don't know anything about your specific circumstances, goals, and plans but whatever they are, please don't do what I did. It's not worth it. I wish you the best of luck on a healthy weight loss journey!
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I lost 36 pounds in 2 months. =]
  • tlayson
    tlayson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I started my journey on December 25th so I have not been at it for 3 months yet and I've lost 28 lbs. The biggest chuck of my weight was lost in the first 2 weeks (I lost 10 lbs) and since then I've lost 1-1.5 lbs a week. So yes, it can be done but everyone is different! I eat 1200 calories or less and work out about 5 days a week. Good luck, it can be done without an eating disorder picked up along the way. Feel free to add me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!