New to myfitnesspal

Hey, my name is Kathy. I am a vegetarian (recent diet change) from New York City and have about 100 pounds to lose. I was recently diagnosed with kidney disease and was told by my doctor that I need to lose weight in order to alleviate pressure on my kidneys. The bigger I am the harder my kidneys have to work to filter toxins out of my body. I am determined to lose the weight and I am hoping I can find encouragement and support on this site. Add me!

Replies

• clodia2
    clodia2 Posts: 51
    Hi Kathy! So glad to see you. :D
  • Kimc935
    Kimc935 Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome. There is lots of good input from people on this site. It's not that hard to use and i find myself being very faithful logging in everyday and putting in my food. I travel alot so it is very hard to stay on a diet. So much good food out there. I have to trave again this weekend and I am a little worried. I had 4 straight weeks of eating right and going to the gym 1-2 times a day. I pray don't go backwards. Ive worked to hard to get this wt. off and I still have 20lbs to go.

I think you will enjoy this site. If you are interested in trying green smoothies let me know. They are what gave me the kick start I needed to get going.

Good luck with your diet and your health.

Kim:flowerforyou:
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome,

You will like being here on mfp it is a great site to keep track of what you are eating and how you are working out. I have reached my goal but I continue to track in order to be accountable to myself and my friends on here and so I don't go back to my old habits. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Hi Kathy,

good to read your post. I too joined today and have 60 lb to lose. I wish you the very best of luck : )
  • anjhart1998
    anjhart1998 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey Kim, I am Jamie Hart and I am from Tennessee. I too am new to this site and looking for support. I have 25pounds to lose and I feel frustrated that I cant seem to get the scale to budge. I will tell you that logging onto a site and keeping track of your food intake will help tremendously. I have done this is the past and it worked well. You will learn a lot about what is in your food (calories, protein, carbs and fat). I look forward to the next several months as I go on this journy of losing weight, meeting new people and learning how to maintain the proper lifestyle. So here is to doing our best, one day at a time and one pound at a time:)
  • taramb4
    taramb4 Posts: 6
    Welcome Kathy, I just joined 2 days ago and I love myfitnesspal. I hope you will too! Friend request on it's way : )
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Welcome to MFP. All the best, you're in the right place for information and support. Add me if you like.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Welcome!! This site is great!! Feel free to add me!

Start weight - 303.4 (1/1/11)
    Current Weight - 198.4 (down 105lbs)
    Goal weight - 160
    29 y/o (eek - I'll be 30 on 4/7!) 5'6''
  • Hi Kathy Welcome to M.F.P, I am new here and have already lost 5lbs, The Recipe Ideas and success stories really inspire you to work harder and the support from the community here is unreal, good luck on your journey and I hope you have all the success and health you wish for. x x x Friend request on it's way to you. x x x
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Welcome! DW and I are starting to move to a more plant-based diet, I'm not certain we will end up as true vegetarians, but we will most likely be something very close to it. Friend request is on its way--and anyone who would like to add me is free to do so, The bigger our support base, the better chance we have to stay on target!
  • ArenM1
    ArenM1 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi my name is Aren. Im a mom of 3 and my last baby really played a total on my weight. Plus, not eating right. So I joined yesterday and my goal is to lose 60 lbs. So any support would be great!
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Welcome, Kathy!! I think you will love MFP as much as I do!! Everyone here is so supportive of each other and offer great advice to help get us through to our goals!! I would love to be friends, we can help each other on our journeys. 4 months ago I gave birth to our first baby, a little boy, and am working to get myself healthier for him. I was overweight before we concieved so I am working on getting more than just the babyweight off. I have about 15 lbs of baby weight left to lose, then I would like to drop another 60 lbs on top of that. Go us!
  • kai0206
    kai0206 Posts: 14
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. :)
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Welcome, you can do it. My doctor warned me about my kidney and I'm not giving up on losing weight!! You can do it, this is the best place if you stick to it.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Welcome to MFP,feel free to add me I have about 100 to loose also :)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Hey Kathy, I joined MFP in Jan and have to say - it is a great site :) I'm also a veggie (not so recent diet change ;) )and have about 30Ibs to lose! Feel free to add me!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Having Kidney disease myself I know how hard it is to deal with, But i do have to say that the more weight i lose the better i feel overall. Welcome to MFP, and feel free to add me :)
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Welcome.
    I'm too big a fan of the burger to be able to relate to vegetarianism, but who can't relate to wanting to be healthy.
    Feel free to add me.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Welcome to MFP Kathy!
  • sunnbeam
    sunnbeam Posts: 25 Member
    Welcome! This site is amazing for motivation and support! Good luck with your goals. It sounds like you have some serious motivations for losing weight! Sometimes that's what it takes. I am in a similar situation, only mine is my bad back, which my doctors said "lose weight or we will operate for a 5th time!" So, here I am. Feel free to add me!