Looking for criticism

Options
Could anyone provide me feedback for my diary? I've been keeping it accurate as of last thursday, let me know if any alarm bells go off!

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    It looks like you are doing really well. I do have a couple suggestions.

1. eat fruit first in the morning wait about 20 minutes and then eat your cereal. Fruit digests much quicker and if you eat it along with other foods it can sit in your gut and putrify. Most people don't know about proper food combining. I would do some internet research on it. Proper food combining will naturally help you lose weight.

2. Eat more greens. Dark leafy greens have a ton of useable protein in them. Not to mention they are low in calories and quite filling.
    Hope this helps :)
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It does for sure I will most definitely look into the food combining for sure. Generally for the fruit I eat it about 60 minutes after cereal but if it makes more sense to do it the other way around I will for sure research that :)
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey, I looked into food combining a while back and all the studies supporting it were old and all the newer studies I saw ( from a simple google search) seemed to say that it has no benefit except if you have ibs. So maybe take that advice with a grain of salt?
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey, I looked into food combining a while back and all the studies supporting it were old and all the newer studies I saw ( from a simple google search) seemed to say that it has no benefit except if you have ibs. So maybe take that advice with a grain of salt?

Haha I will always take every opinion on here with a grain of salt. I always research prior to new things I find on here. If I am intrigued I try them. If they don't work I move on. I did happen to stumble across similar research haha :P
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    looks OK to me, but i'd also agree with more greens. also are you tracking sodium?

are you feeling hungry? because 1800 calories seems low to me for a guy.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are doing really well. I do have a couple suggestions.

1. eat fruit first in the morning wait about 20 minutes and then eat your cereal. Fruit digests much quicker and if you eat it along with other foods it can sit in your gut and putrify. Most people don't know about proper food combining. I would do some internet research on it. Proper food combining will naturally help you lose weight.

2. Eat more greens. Dark leafy greens have a ton of useable protein in them. Not to mention they are low in calories and quite filling.
    Hope this helps :)

What an awesome bit of information! Thanks for this.
  • namasteb1tches
    Options
    It depends what your after, if your only looking at losing fat or if your losing fat and trying add muscle (bulk or define).

I would get rid of the kellogs (too much sugar in the crap) in the morning and milk and replace with oats or eggs.
    Your pretty good with your vegies. But I would get rid of the yoghurt, mostly full of crap aswell. Add most chicken (clean), fish, salad and vegies. Get rid of as much diary as you can (for your instance - cheese), unless you really need to add your calories (or a few tablespoons of olive oil to bulk). Brown rice and pasta would be better. Should be add a sh** load more protein into your diet. Get rid of all the processed breads, crackers etc.. only slowing digestion down.

If you have any questions, add me. I have my cert 3 and 4 in PT so I can be pretty knowledgable. :)
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It looks like you might want to balance out your macros a little bit for each meal.