I can't make myself eat.

Options
For the past few days, I have had such horrible stomach cramps, I can't eat. I literally mean I can't eat.
I have not eaten since Friday morning. I have consumed ZERO calories.

I know this is bad, but I can't eat. I've managed to get down some water, but it's hard to get anything else down.
Is it bad to go zero calories for a few days?

Replies

• cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    For the past few days, I have had such horrible stomach cramps, I can't eat. I literally mean I can't eat.
    I have not eaten since Friday morning. I have consumed ZERO calories.

I know this is bad, but I can't eat. I've managed to get down some water, but it's hard to get anything else down.
    Is it bad to go zero calories for a few days?
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    yo body is going into starvation mode and it will cause you to gain weight not loose, your body needd fuel to burn off
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    It's not ideal, but you'll probably be fine as long as it doesn't continue for much longer. Just make sure you are drinking enough water. Your stomach cramps will be much, much worse if you are dehydrated, and it can also lead to further problems. And for goodness sake, if you don't feel better by Monday, go see a doctor!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    It's not ideal, but you'll probably be fine as long as it doesn't continue for much longer. Just make sure you are drinking enough water. Your stomach cramps will be much, much worse if you are dehydrated, and it can also lead to further problems. And for goodness sake, if you don't feel better by Monday, go see a doctor!

I tend to agree - see a doc if it persists.

You can "drink" some calories in the form of whole fruit juice and soup broth if you need some energy. You MUST replace electrolytes at a minimum. Get yourself some Gatorade because drinking only water with no food intake will throw your system off balance and cause you to stay dehydrated.

Hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    yo body is going into starvation mode and it will cause you to gain weight not loose, your body needd fuel to burn off

For starvation mode it takes more than a day or 2 or even 3 its not something that happens fast or overnight

Your fine you don't feel well just stay hydrated- Try some chicken broth too - just rest and hydrate and when your ready to eat start with small foods so you don't get sick

For stomach cramps try drinking warm to hot (as hot as you can handle to drink) it helps relax your stomach with the cramping (trust I suffer with stomach spasms and it works like a charm
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Try about 1/4 tsp of baking soda in some water. Keep sipping water. As long as you are drinking water you are going to be okay. See your doc if it doesn't stop--even if you have to go to the emergency room.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Do you live at home? You really should have this checked out. 2 days with no food, and you still are too sick to eat anything?

I would want you to go get checked out.

:flowerforyou:
  • adienta
    adienta Posts: 12
    Options
    I took the acai pills from this site and that happened to me.
    be careful.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

For starvation mode it takes more than a day or 2 or even 3 its not something that happens fast or overnight

Your fine you don't feel well just stay hydrated- Try some chicken broth too - just rest and hydrate and when your ready to eat start with small foods so you don't get sick

For stomach cramps try drinking warm to hot (as hot as you can handle to drink) it helps relax your stomach with the cramping (trust I suffer with stomach spasms and it works like a charm

I dont think we are even discussing starvation mode here. We are talking to a HS Freshman who is sick and hasnt eaten any...ANY food in 2 days.

She needs to discuss this with her PARENTS.

Please:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    sheesh, I must have really meant it cuz is double posted:laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I dont think we are even discussing starvation mode here. We are talking to a HS Freshman who is sick and hasnt eaten any...ANY food in 2 days.

I agree. Talk to your parents and get yourself checked out.
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Why is a HS Freshmen on this website anyway I thought you had to be atleast 18 to be on this site???-- I also didn't mention the starvation mode I did comment about it for the simple fact that this website is always making people fear starvation mode which doesn't happen right away--

Anyway Okay Now she needs to go tell her parents she doesn't feel well so they can take care of her child--

As for my remedy- Go get a cup of warm to hot water and drink it- then tell your parents-

Edit--Never mind I see she has herself listed as being 18 but then says she is a HS Freshmen (see what happens when I don't look at peoples profiles :blushing: )
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

Why is a HS Freshmen on this website anyway I thought you had to be atleast 18 to be on this site???-- I also didn't mention the starvation mode I did comment about it for the simple fact that this website is always making people fear starvation mode which doesn't happen right away--

Anyway Okay Now she needs to go tell her parents she doesn't feel well so they can take care of her child--

As for my remedy- Go get a cup of warm to hot water and drink it- then tell your parents-

Edit--Never mind I see she has herself listed as being 18 but then says she is a HS Freshmen (see what happens when I don't look at peoples profiles :blushing: )

Mike knows some people here are underage, which is why we had the gutter gang try to keep it clean in earlier posts :laugh: Never too young to be healthy and learn the correct way to eat and live!

I'd say to grab a heating pad, and some hot tea and a comfy chair. Talk to your parents about going to see a doctor if your cramps are this bad. It happened to one of my good friends in HS, and the doctor helped her a lot.

In the meantime try the stuff other people have mentioned, broth. You should be ok starvation mode wise so long as you start eating in a day or two.
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Mike knows some people here are underage, which is why we had the gutter gang try to keep it clean in earlier posts :laugh: Never too young to be healthy and learn the correct way to eat and live!

I'd say to grab a heating pad, and some hot tea and a comfy chair. Talk to your parents about going to see a doctor if your cramps are this bad. It happened to one of my good friends in HS, and the doctor helped her a lot.

In the meantime try the stuff other people have mentioned, broth. You should be ok starvation mode wise so long as you start eating in a day or two.

Oh thats why we can't talk like adults because there are minors here oh I gotcha-

As for the poster- Have you started getting your period (I know some girls don't get it until they are actually teenagers- which periods in some/most females causes cramping- Just an idea
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah wow didnt even realize she was a kid, go talk to your parents young lady