tattoos! who has 'em?

Options

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    my best friend is a tat artist, and when she does feet and wrists and other tender spots, she gives her clients the option of numbing cream, u can even buy it yourself at the drug store, she put it on about 45 minutes prior. Seriously works, I have an extensive tat done on my back that took 7 hours to do, but I found it really painful when she was doing the sides almost to the tummy area, this stuff was amazing, I actually fell asleep on the table while she finished!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I actually fell asleep on the table while she finished!

I didn't use any numbing cream, but I still found it relaxing enough to almost fall asleep. I guess maybe I'm weird that way :blushing:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I actually fell asleep on the table while she finished!

I didn't use any numbing cream, but I still found it relaxing enough to almost fall asleep. I guess maybe I'm weird that way :blushing:

Yea no numbing cream here either! :laugh: I've sat through 2 5hr sessions and didn't mind them. One would've been 7hrs but my artist wanted to go pack for his vacation. :grumble: :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Love seeing all the tats
    I have a shark on my hip.....got it when I was 18 or so in NYC.....long story on that one :happy:
    I've always wanted ot get another but am pretty indecissive, and haven't been able to make up my mind
    I'll be 36 in less then a mnth, so I think that ship has sailed..for me, at least

Kim
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    You are never too old!! I got my first one mothers' day weekend 5 years ago. It was my independence tat after getting out of an abusive marriage!! Its a rose on my left ummmm boob :laugh: My second one is on my right shoulder blade, its a heart with a dagger through it and my kids names. I have been thinking and looking and thinking about my next for a couple of years now. Not sure what or where but there will be a third!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have the teeny tiniest four leaf clover on the front of my left hip. I got it when I was 18 because I wanted a tattoo. no regrets, but I don't want anymore. Yours are really nice guys!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I have two...one is an angel on my right shoulder and the other is my tramp stamp. (They are in my av, even though it's a small pic) Next, I want to get my cat's paws on either the inside of one of my wrists or on one of my feet.

Any ideas how to actually be able to get the design of her paws? I have trouble getting her to sit still.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have two...one is an angel on my right shoulder and the other is my tramp stamp. (They are in my av, even though it's a small pic) Next, I want to get my cat's paws on either the inside of one of my wrists or on one of my feet.

Any ideas how to actually be able to get the design of her paws? I have trouble getting her to sit still.

ink her paw with a stamp pad and lay out paper for her to walk on?
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    two for me, a peach and red tea rose with a lady bug on my left shoulder blade area, by Lyle Tuttle, and a Long stem Cherry on pelvis under bikini line right side, sooo clichet.
  • girlaskew12
    girlaskew12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have one on the right side of my upper back. It's the Claddagh symbol in black with a green filled heart. And the word sisters in Gaelic underneath.

I got it last summer with my two younger sisters.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a too old age for them at all! My mom got her first one when she was like 56-ish. My mom, my sister and I all got matching stars on our ankles. Now she wants more! :bigsmile:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I just have a Texas Longhorn on my right ankle.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I have the teeny tiniest four leaf clover on the front of my left hip. I got it when I was 18 because I wanted a tattoo. no regrets, but I don't want anymore. Yours are really nice guys!

Kerri, I just want to say that you & your fiance look really happy in that pic! I've seen some pics and I think "they're getting married?" They don't even look like they like each other.
    I hope you have the happiest of marriages!

Tattoos- I have 3, heart with DH's name, lizard and a cresent moon with a lady.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have my initial on my lower abdomen, don't like it anymore as I picked a bad location and when I gained weight, a big stretch mark ran through it making it ugly. :frown: maybe at goal weight I will have it re-done to disguise it as something new- the shape lends itself to a butterfly- like as in transformation? IDK. maybe-

I'd LOOOOVE to get a four leaf clover on the inside of my left wrist, but I'm afraid of:
    1. the pain of that location ( I heard it throbs and hurts badly)
    2. judgment from others over a visible tattoo. (school teacher)
    :ohwell:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I have my initial on my lower abdomen, don't like it anymore as I picked a bad location and when I gained weight, a big stretch mark ran through it making it ugly. :frown: maybe at goal weight I will have it re-done to disguise it as something new- the shape lends itself to a butterfly- like as in transformation? IDK. maybe-

I'd LOOOOVE to get a four leaf clover on the inside of my left wrist, but I'm afraid of:
    1. the pain of that location ( I heard it throbs and hurts badly)
    2. judgment from others over a visible tattoo. (school teacher)
    :ohwell:

What about the giant back piece of a leopard biting your back and clawing your fanny? :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have a breast cancer Pink Ribbon above my left ankle - needs to be redone when I got it I was too close to having had chemo and my body didn't like it so some of the ink is gone but I've been scared to redo it - but the numbing cream would be the ticket.

My hubby has a pink ribbon on his arm with my initials under it - I :heart: his tat!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I was just kidding about the too old comment
    I'm just too indecisive
    I don't know, maybe some day.....
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I have 3 thus far, I want 2 more 1 of each of my daughters names, and possibly their birthdates.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

I have one that I got when I was 16. It is under my right breast and is the japenese symbol for "bad".:smokin: It has faded a lot and since it wasn't done professionally it is not smooth but raised instead. But I still like it.

One of my reward when I get to my goal weight is to get a tatoo that I will add to in order to mark significant evets in my life. I'm not sure yet where to put it so suggestions are welcome but basically it fancy font this is what it will say:

I Am. (Maple Leaf for being Canadia).

Then every once in a while I will add a new word like:

Strong (to signify my fitness goals)
    Loved (to signify my marriage)
    ... etc

I figure each word will be in a different font.

what do you think?

I also have a lot of piercings. Anyone else have any?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    72489_1080.jpg

It's on my left shoulder. I can only see it when looking over my shoulder in a mirror so I forget it's there. It's so tiny anyhow, roughly the size of a quarter. Eh, maybe between a quarter and half dollar in size. Pretty small.

Eventually, I want a phoenix to fly over it. Symbolic to me.