Someone explain this photo to me please!!

Options
Can someone pleassee explain this in simpleton terms for me? Im doing an experiment with I-Lipo - and this is apparantly how it works...

lipo4.jpg

See my blog about it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TiffaniBarrett

See my thread about it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/522645-low-carb-ideas-for-laser-lipo

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Noone? x
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I couldn't explain it to you but am interested in hearing what others have to say. Bump
  • FitJenJen
    FitJenJen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This does not look like good science. I'm very skeptical.
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    Looks like a crock of ****e to me. Triglycerides are the molecule your body stores fat in, so when they're broken down you're losing fat. Firing lasers at yourself seems stupid.. Just eat less work more
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    Looks like a crock of ****e to me. Triglycerides are the molecule your body stores fat in, so when they're broken down you're losing fat. Firing lasers at yourself seems stupid.. Just eat less work more

Considering the amount of exercise I do - I cannot eat any less!! I have worked my *kitten* off (literally) and now I am just doing a lil experiment with laser-lipo to see what happens. I am hopefully going to give everyone who wanted to know whether it actually works a decent/honest review.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    and now I am just doing a lil experiment with laser-lipo to see what happens.

Your hard earned cash disappears like magic.
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I could be reading this all wrong, but it sounds to me like it's a way of forcing fatty acid release into the system for use/elimination.

I'd talk to a doctor if you're seriously considering it. Your usual GP, if possible, NOT someone who represents I-Lipo and has a bias to sell the procedure to you.
  • SordidEuphemism
    Options
    This is junk science. While infrared and red laser light has been used in the past to stimulate healing (just as UV lasers have been used to stimulate skin growth) the idea that pulsing a 650nm beam at your cells will result in them shedding fat is untested and unsupported in any journal I could find.
    It is POSSIBLE it works. There are patients who have paid thousands who SAY it works. There has not (that I can find) been a legitimate, third-party double-blind test on the process for effective weight loss.
    It all comes down to the basics:
    Eat well.
    Exercise.
    Lose weight.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Do you know what I wonder sometimes? If cause we use to carry more fat in the past around our middle, our tummy can't get very lean again. Maybe there will always be a jiggle? Maybe it's a bit of lose skin? I was thinking about that cause it seem that I am getting muscles everywhere but my tummy is the hardest and even though I can see definition in it and my waist is shrinking, when I sit down I can still see rolls :-( And maybe it’s just our genes to carry any bit of fat we have around there… xxx
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    They use lasers for lipo, but not in this method.

See http://www.reflectionscenter.com/how-laser-liposuction-works.jpg
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I could be reading this all wrong, but it sounds to me like it's a way of forcing fatty acid release into the system for use/elimination.

I'd talk to a doctor if you're seriously considering it. Your usual GP, if possible, NOT someone who represents I-Lipo and has a bias to sell the procedure to you.
    This is actually good advice, I would ask my GP. They would know more than us :-) xxx
  • SordidEuphemism
    Options
    Welcome to the internet, and its pseudo-anonymity. If someone's offensive, don't reply - that's what they want. Instead, click on the 'report post' button on the lower right and remove their input.

A troll feeds on attention.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    This is junk science. While infrared and red laser light has been used in the past to stimulate healing (just as UV lasers have been used to stimulate skin growth) the idea that pulsing a 650nm beam at your cells will result in them shedding fat is untested and unsupported in any journal I could find.
    It is POSSIBLE it works. There are patients who have paid thousands who SAY it works. There has not (that I can find) been a legitimate, third-party double-blind test on the process for effective weight loss.
    It all comes down to the basics:
    Eat well.
    Exercise.
    Lose weight.

I am doing all of those things. I just had some spare cash and had always been curious so I thought I would do it and then post my comments/results xx
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    Welcome to the internet, and its pseudo-anonymity. If someone's offensive, don't reply - that's what they want. Instead, click on the 'report post' button on the lower right and remove their input.

A troll feeds on attention.

Thanks m'love :-) x
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am not attempting to be rude and offer my sincere apology if my comment came across as such, i also did not intend my one sentence response to be seen as a lecture and offer the same for that.

I merely wanted to point out the most likely conclusion for the experiment based on things i have read here before.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    Thats no problem Chairless - just some people are being so rude about it and it just makes me maaaaaddd!!
    I merely wanted to point out the most likely conclusion for the experiment based on things i have read here before.

And that is why I am doing it..... to give my honest opinion on it all (as I havent seen a full on blog/post about it)
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your progress pics, babe...you got nothin' to worry about! You don't need to lipo a thing!

Just keep doing what you're doing and take that money and buy something nice for yourself as a reward for your hard work...

Cheers! :smile:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    from what I can gather: the fat cells become denatured by the laser and start to lose someone of their storage (fatty acids), the fatty acids are now in the blood stream so your metabolism has to increase in order to use them ( why you have to exercise after otherwise your body will store it again) and then I think they remove the broken fat cells.
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't even see where you could use the laser lipo. Just keep doing whatever you are doing. Buy a new outfit instead. :)
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    I'll check out the FDA database about this. I just want to make sure that company has not gotten a corporate warning letter or failure reports from Doctors.