FitBit Tracker

Options
Does anyone use a fit bit tracker? I was thinking about buying one but wanted to know if anyone found it helpful in tracking calories and seeing how much calories you burn during the day.

Thanks! (:

Replies

• MsPharmD
    MsPharmD Posts: 1
    Options
    Im going to buy one when my tax refund comes back! Ill keep you posted
  • falconspicegirl99
    Options
    I ordered one from Amazon and it's due to arrive this weekend. I'm excited to see how it works, as I've read wildly mixed reviews.
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I Just ordered something similar on a Groupon deal, and I can't wait until t comes! I really want to see what my metabolism is actually doing.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    if you do a search here on the forums for Fitbit, you will come up wih a lot of different posts on it. I have one. I've only been using it for a week. it is really motivating to make you move. I'm still not sure if the calorie expendure is correct.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I've had it a lil over a week now. It lets me know how active I am during the day and motivates me to be more active on my lazy days. It seems to be pretty accurate....even when i'm doing the elliptical it's right on point. It does add A LOT of extra calories, but i'm still adjusting my activity level to match it. All in all, I am SO GLAD I have it. It's a great motivation tool.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes, I LOVE my Fitbit! I've had it since Jan. and it is awesome! It's especially nice since it syncs with MFP and I don't even have to enter my exercise anymore. It adds the calories from exercise in for me! It really gets you motivated to get moving and I love that it is pretty accurate with the calorie count too! No more guessing! I also love that it tracks my sleep patterns, as well.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Fitbit for about a month now. I love it! I find myself going up and down stairs more often just to receive the badge for the day! You now track your exercise through Fitbit and it transfers them over to MFP.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    DW and I have been using our Fitbits for a couple of weeks now--She has had hers about a week longer than I have had mine. In any case, we love them. It has made me A LOT more conscious of how active I am and how/where I can improve.

I was extremely skeptical when DW said she wanted to get a Fitbit. I thought that the cost was pretty high for what it seemed like it was. When she got it in the mail, I didn't really pay too much attention to the service, but what I did pay attention to is how much it immediately motivated her to get up and walk more.

It has been a huge help for me because I am able to see the badges as achievements--similar to many of the video games I play on the Xbox and on Steam. I can't even tell you how much better I have felt about my activity level and I know that it has already started to help me with my weight loss. I highly recommend them for anyone that has issues with getting up and doing stuff--especially gamers like me.
  • picimadar
    picimadar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think they're also very good for people who are 'in-between' activity levels like the settings on MFP. I'm not sedentary as I walk 10 mins between all my classes, often walk home, etc. but I wouldn't call myself 'lightly active' by their standards. This way I can know what my ACTUAL burn is and not be fiddling with the settings on MFP every day when I change my activity.

I also like that fitbit is compatible with MFP. Can't wait to get mine!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Love mine...best £79.99 i`ve ever spent.

feel free to add me..

http://www.fitbit.com/user/22FJ8V
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies. It seems that everyone has found the FitBit helpful in increasing activity levels. I think it would be good to have something which takes your daily steps into consideration aswell as gym workouts.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I've had my FitBit for a couple of weeks.....and I find that it is helpful in motivating me to get a minimum of 10,000 steps each day. Don't always make it, and some days I do about double that, but it does make me keep track of it. I also like the sleeping tracker. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I do like it.
    I haven't linked it to MFP because I log only intentional walking here.
    Kaye
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    just got my fitbit yesterday. Don't know how to track my sleep and i'm not sure how it knows when I'm exercising. do I have to log it at fitbit or on mfp? How is it supposed to know when i'm sleeping? I like everything else about it.
  • fkbourne
    fkbourne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for about 3 months and I love it. I was pretty surprised how sedintary I am at times. I love that it tracks all your steps as well as incline (like stairs and steep hills). It works great with MFP and you only have to log your food onto MFP and they sync together (cal that you should consume are not always the same based on excercise though). It automatically tracks and logs your sleep if you hold down the button until the timer starts when you go to bed and then you just hold it down until it says stop. When you go near your computer it automatically syncs your info. There is also an ipod ap for it. the other feature I love is that there are other aps that work with it like eardit where you can earn money off of clothes and other items based on your activity level points. I have already earned 100 dollar certificate for work out clothing. I cant say enough good things about it, it has been the one thing that has been able to motivate me long term.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My2Boiz - to track your sleep when you go to bed press and hold the button until the stopwatch starts. Then press it once more. In the morning press and hold the button again. I don't log my exercise on either site - but I have MFP to sync w/the fitbit (under tools tab) and it automatically brings over the calorie adjustment. I log my food here.