Oh the horror!

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
What movie scared you the most?

MV5BNzYwMDA0NTA3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcwNDY3Mg@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

I saw this movie when I was 12 and I was terrified for months. To this day it still scares me.

Replies

• jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist! I LOVED horror movies until I saw that one...it scarred me for life!
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Only two movies have ever given me nightmares. The first was Swordfish. Weird right? But watch the first scene with the hostages in the bank, and the woman strapped in explosives. >.< The second was Paranormal Activity. Also super lame? It wasn't about ghosts or demons, it was her screaming that disturbed me.
  • Alphawolf02
    Options
    The only movie to ever scare me (and still does) isn't even a horror movie, it is Arachnaphobia. Oddly enough though, the last movie that made me jump, was Jane Eyre. People and animals just popped out of no where like some crazy jack-in-the-box!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    The only movie I watched that really stopped me right in my tracks and gave me a true scare was the French film Martyrs.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The Hills Have Eyes and Hostel.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It was health class... 9th grade.... that 70s birth video **shudder**
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I don't much watch Horror movies...but I do like Vampire movies. I recently watched Insidious wth my son, and that was enough for me......
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    When I was really young I watched The Poltergeist while my parents slept, needless to say it scared the crap outta me.

The most recent movie that really creeped me out would be The Ring. Good thing I don't have a VHS player anymore or I might still think twice about watching an unmarked tape.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    As a kid it was Return of the Living Dead. I love it now, it's cheesy and funny and has a great punk rock soundtrack. But I still clearly remember how scared I was the first time I saw it.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My mom made me watch The Bad Seed when I was little and that scared me pretty bad. I also watched the original Night of the Living Dead when I was about 10 and that scared the CRAP out of me. Now I get scared with just about any movie that has scary music. I LOVE scary movies though!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Pet Semetary, exorcists, Amityville, The strangers (not scary but creepy), children of the corn (first 1), Jaws, Poltergeist, pumpkinhead
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Honestly, all scary movies scare the bejesus out of me. It doesn't even have to be scary while I'm watching it, but after the movie's done, I'm terrified. My mind screws with me.

But, my most mind-f*cked movie has to be Paranormal Activity, I'm very much into ghosts and the fact that I wholeheartedly believe my house is haunted doesn't help.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    most recently, Insidious.

IT terrified me when I was younger and I watched Paranormal Activity really late on my laptop in bed one night without knowing anything about it. I was so scared haha.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't watch horror movies, per say, but the 2 movies that give me the heebie jeebies are Signs (especially when Mel Gibson sees that leg in the corn field and the figure on the roof!) and I Am Legend (when Will Smith goes into the dark building after his dog).
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The Changeling.

Still gives me the creeps, because for me, ghosts are way more real and have more of a chance of happening than some crazy movie like Saw.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    - The Ring (watched alone in my bedroom... and had a tv at the foot of my bed! Didn't sleep well that night)
    - Event Horizon (that movie is F'd up!)

My fav scary movies are Signs and Zombieland. Yeah, not totally scary, but fun :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The Devil's Backbone! Freaked me right the eff out.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There is a Scandanavian film called Troll Hunter. It's surprisingly good and scary. It's on Netflix 'watch it now', it's subtitled so you have to actually watch it :) Anyways, thought it was very clever and scary.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    JAWS... da dum da dum da dum da dum dadumdadumDADUMDADUM!!!!!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    When I was little I was scared of nearly all films "Labyrinth" I remembered scared me the most, the part that actually scared me was when Hoggle took a pee, I couldn't watch after that so I didn't get to see al the horrors that came afterwards or the chance to focus on David Bowie's crotch.

I also remember loving and being scared of "Return to Oz" I still think it's a fantastic film.

These days it's a lot harder to scare me, ghost films usually do, top scares have been Shutter (Thai film) and Rec. Although Ring, Ring 2 and Ring 0 all scared me also.