progress?

well.. at least Im starting to maintain my weight at a steady 174 =/ cant seem to go any lower than that.. (opposed to loosing and gaining back every other week) but on the bright side, my body is getting used to working out everyday, my muscles went from sore to tough! in wat seemed like a day. I just hope the next step is loosing weight.

Replies

• Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    It does get easier. Good luck :heart:
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 44 Member
    Not sure it would help...its a small change. When I hit my plateau when I lost a lot of my weight a few years back, I took the advice of my trainer. She told me to do my work out routine in reverse. I would always do treadmil, eliptical, then weights. I did it backwards for a few weeks and it started coming off aagain. Small change, might help?
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    If you are at your goal weight or happy with your current weight then congrats!!!

If you want to still lose weight and think you are at a pleatue, you could try to break out of the pleatue. Eat more, change your exercise, or do both (IMO that is the way to do it)
  • It sounds like its time to intensify your workouts if you want to keep losing weight. Its great that your feeling more comfortable working out but you should push yourself a little bit harder and switch it up when this happens. Once you do, you should break out of your plateau!

Congrats on your progress though! I'm currently trying to break out of a plateau as well and it can be really frustrating.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Usually when you plateau you need to mix it up and confuse your body. Do some radically different type of workout. There are HUNDREDS for free online. I have found yoga, HIIT, lifting, and some bizarre workouts all on youtube for free. Get out of your comfort zone.

The other thing that was recommended to me by a trainer was to change the foods I was eating as I was always eating basically the same type of food over a given month.
  • thanks everyone, my routine is 90 minutes eliptical and 100 crunches plus 30 pushups everyday. ( i just started gettin used to 50 crunches a day, two days ago i started 100 a day) so it would be hard to try and reverse it i mean depending on how i feel ill do them during the 90 mins or right after. but you're right, Im goin to plan more outside activities because theres only so much I can do at home with only an eliptical machine lol but great advice, thanks again!