yet another 30DS question

Options
For those that are on it, or finished, when you first started could you muster up the strength to get through the entire video? I can not do EVERYTHING as hard as I push myself. Last night was my 3rd day (I've started this twice) and I have yet to do the side lundges on level 1, Towards the end, I can't repeat the cardio or strength for the second time... Am I just a wuss?!

Edit: I also went for a jog/walk for about 30 mins, before I did 30ds

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to realize you don't have to do the exercises to their ability. If you can't go into the full lunge, do part of it. If the weights are too heavy, put them down but still do the movements. Go at your own pace, but most importantly, don't give up!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to realize you don't have to do the exercises to their ability. If you can't go into the full lunge, do part of it. If the weights are too heavy, put them down but still do the movements. Go at your own pace, but most importantly, don't give up!

I feel so weak because I can't get through the freaking workout!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Took me a week into level one to get all the way through it.
    Level two is a different story, I'm usually on the floor crying.
    And I haven't even *looked* at level three.

Just keep going, and cuss at Jillian. It helps :wink:
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I never did the side lunges, I felt like I was doing them wrong anyway! I would do alternate moves though, like a regular lunge or squats w/ the same weight moves.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh and I was usually whimpering toward the end of each work out...I'm on Ripped in 30 now, still hard!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

I always pretend I'm punching her in the face during the punching squats BS she has you do
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I never did the side lunges, I felt like I was doing them wrong anyway! I would do alternate moves though, like a regular lunge or squats w/ the same weight moves.

I'll try normal squats. The side squats feel weird, like you said, I feel like I'm doing them wrong.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

I agree. You can only do your best. I stick to the modified versions and even then I'm not sure if I am going as deep as her in the lunges (HATE lunges!) I think the most important thing is to try and hopefully you'll build your strength and flexibility up so you will be able to do the moves. That's what I'm going on anyway!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I always pretend I'm punching her in the face during the punching squats BS she has you do

Ditto.
    The anterior raises with the side lunge mess up my already jacked shoulder, so I just don't do them.
    You'll get there gorgeous :)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options

This is a great idea!
  • creative1981
    Options

Yes!
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    These answers are helpful as I am sure I'll have the same concerns. But I also have yet ANOTHER 30DS Question!!

How much jumping is a part of this program? (My downstairs neighbors complain if we make noise - so I know that jumping around at 6am would not be appreciated...)

Do you think this would be an issue with this program?
  • mickyjd
    mickyjd Posts: 97
    Options
    These answers are helpful as I am sure I'll have the same concerns. But I also have yet ANOTHER 30DS Question!!

How much jumping is a part of this program? (My downstairs neighbors complain if we make noise - so I know that jumping around at 6am would not be appreciated...)

There are a few sets of jumping jacks - either modify it, or do what I do and exercise in your bare feet :)
  • creative1981
    Options

I live in a flat and have the same concerns. In level 1 there is quite a lot of jumping but it's only in short bursts. I try and stay as quiet as I can but I have noticed my downstairs neighbours haven't been as talkative of late! :ohwell:
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is the arms, I have 5 lb weights and I think they're too much for me (my arms are dead about 10 min in) but I don't want to go out and buy more weights just cause I'm weak.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I refuse to move on to level 3.. lol I can't master the lunges, I hate them. I'm doing both level 1 and level 2 in the same day too! :laugh: I have to get back on track though, I've missed way too many days! It does get a little easier and on some days I feel like I'm back on day one level 1. :grumble:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You guys have me excited to try this :>

OP - Don't be sad that you can't finish it, just know that you picked something that, each time you try, you will only get better at. And think of how accomplished you will feel when you finally get through the whole thing? You are getting stronger with each attempt. Let us know when you get there. :>
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Like others have said modify the move. Just don't stop all together, you want the most from your workout :) I have to tell myself over and over "I can do anything for 20 mins, its only 20 mins" that helps me, lol! I am on level 3 now and it is no joke! A LOT of jumping moves and weights with A LOT of it! Level 2 was my favorite :)
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I started back up again last night...I HATE Jillian. But after reading so many "success stories" I figured I'd give it another shot. I just get so bored doign the same thing day after day so I'm going to try and mix the levels up this time.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred and did it for about a week. The only reason I stopped is becasuse I already have a pretty intense workout routine and did not want to overdue it. I am pretty inshape and I had a hard time going through it the first few days. Once I hit the 4th day it was easier. Once I get to where I want to be I plan on taking a few weeks off of my intense workout and doing a few weeks of just the 30 day shred only.