Hummus

Options
I am from the middle east where hummus is like a national food. ive noticed that everyone on this site refers to hummus as a good dieting food. here, it is the first thing we take off our diet when we want to lose weight.
can someone help me understand this? its hard to keep ignoring the hummus at every meal... (and trust me, its served at EVERY meal)

Replies

• sarachana
    sarachana Posts: 24
    Options
    I am from the middle east where hummus is like a national food. ive noticed that everyone on this site refers to hummus as a good dieting food. here, it is the first thing we take off our diet when we want to lose weight.
    can someone help me understand this? its hard to keep ignoring the hummus at every meal... (and trust me, its served at EVERY meal)
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't know either. Maybe because it's low ish in carbs? 5 TBSP is an average of 300 calories though! I rememer when I was on Weight Watchers and I was trying to kick my hummus addiction. I gave up 6 points for a serving. Which left me pretty much starving because I got 24 points per day. I think there's nothing wrong with it in moderation. I make my own homemade with no oils and stuff so it's a lot less in calories.