Help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ackersb
    ackersb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the person and how much weight they are trying to loose. I find that 1200 is a a good starting point for me if I don't work out. Then I find I can loose more if I only eat about half of what I work off... For example I start with 1200 and then work out and burn 400 calories. So that means I eat a total of 1400 calories...1200 original and 200 of the 400 I burned. If I work out about 4 times per week, then I can loose about 2 lbs per week.

That is a good idea! I work out 4x a week too. I also do allow myself some or all of the calories I burn.
  • ackersb
    Options
    Hello There,

To be honest? You should really go low on carbs and that means completely no junk food, no alcohol no treats nothing what seems fun to eat.
    Maybe you should try the Paleo Diet.... it is a good solution to detox your body and loose weight.
    I am doing the Paleo Diet and it is amazing how it works. Shocking but true... I had to cut out dairy, whole grain etc. It's tough but as soon you start the Paleo Diet you will feel better in any way. AND DON'T cheat.... ;-)

I love milk and pizza too much to give it up. I personally don't believe in eliminating anything from my diet. I follow eat less of the "bad" stuff more of the "good" stuff and exercise.

I saw that you are a foodie on your profile. I love good food too and ate unique and delicious foods before my toddler came along. Let me know if you have any good recipes : )
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Do you have your settings to lose 2 pounds per week? I did that for awhile initially, but I stalled out after a few weeks and have changed my settings to lose 0.5 lb per week and I eat back all of my excersize calories in addition to measuring all my food and logging every thing that goes in my mouth. It's finally got me back on the right track and I get to eat more to lose weight! Can't get any better than that.

If you do decide to up your calories, you may see a small initial gain as your body adjusts but it will go away within in a week or two. Try it out for a month and see if that works.
  • ackersb
    Options
    Do you have your settings to lose 2 pounds per week? I did that for awhile initially, but I stalled out after a few weeks and have changed my settings to lose 0.5 lb per week and I eat back all of my excersize calories in addition to measuring all my food and logging every thing that goes in my mouth. It's finally got me back on the right track and I get to eat more to lose weight! Can't get any better than that.

If you do decide to up your calories, you may see a small initial gain as your body adjusts but it will go away within in a week or two. Try it out for a month and see if that works.

I can see that it worked for you, but what motivated you to do that? I am willing to try anything : ) Do you think you were starving your body?
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I can see that it worked for you, but what motivated you to do that? I am willing to try anything : ) Do you think you were starving your body?

I did the same thing! I have been playing with my calories for about a month now. I am not gaining and losing a little instead of a lot. I am happy as long and the number doesn't go up and up and up. I have a goal size and I am not in such a rush to get there because I know I will eventually. I would rather not be disappointed by not reaching a certain number by a certain date.

I don't know why, I have always been crazy about goals and dates and numbers. It makes me feel like this time it really is a life change instead of a diet. And maybe just getting a little older and wiser helps too.
  • dawlschic007
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I had almost a month of no weight loss, although I did lose some inches during that time, but I also started training for a 10k and working out at least 4 times a week and was getting exhausted from it. I felt that my body needed more calories to keep running properly and decided that I am not in a rush to lose the weight quickly and would rather do it at a slower pace that is more sustainable. I like the higher calories because it makes me feel like I'm not on a diet anymore and can keep up with this for a long time.

There are a lot of threads on here that have responses from women who upped their calorie intake and are steadily losing weight. This one is a great one to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day?error_user_id=3251853&error_username=dawlschic007
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I had almost a month of no weight loss, although I did lose some inches during that time, but I also started training for a 10k and working out at least 4 times a week and was getting exhausted from it. I felt that my body needed more calories to keep running properly and decided that I am not in a rush to lose the weight quickly and would rather do it at a slower pace that is more sustainable. I like the higher calories because it makes me feel like I'm not on a diet anymore and can keep up with this for a long time.

There are a lot of threads on here that have responses from women who upped their calorie intake and are steadily losing weight. This one is a great one to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day?error_user_id=3251853&error_username=dawlschic007
    [/quote]

I think you were asking me, but if not here ya go.

That thread and many that I read on here motivated me to do some research on a few sites and different calculators. A lot of them said that I should be eating 1700+ calories a day and others said no less that 1400. I am 4'11" and weigh 140 my lifestyle is sedentary and I work out 3-5 times a week with a HRM.

The truth is I am scared of the after weight loss intake more than my current intake. I have lost many times before but could not maintain and now that is my end goal. I am playing with my numbers to see where I can be and still lose without such a huge deficit.

I do not want to diet any more!
  • dawlschic007
    Options
    Sorry my quote box didn't work properly! I was actually answering the OP's question. :) But I also did a lot of research and looked up my BMR and TDEE to make sure I'm eating the right amounts.
  • ackersb
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

That makes sense. I did up my calories to 1600. Hopefully that helps. I do find that I'm not really that hungry most of the time. Though I have my days!
  • ackersb
    Options

[/quote]

I think you were asking me, but if not here ya go.

That thread and many that I read on here motivated me to do some research on a few sites and different calculators. A lot of them said that I should be eating 1700+ calories a day and others said no less that 1400. I am 4'11" and weigh 140 my lifestyle is sedentary and I work out 3-5 times a week with a HRM.

The truth is I am scared of the after weight loss intake more than my current intake. I have lost many times before but could not maintain and now that is my end goal. I am playing with my numbers to see where I can be and still lose without such a huge deficit.

I do not want to diet any more!
    [/quote]

I agree, I don't want to diet either! Thanks, I am going to give it (increasing calories) a try too : )
  • dawlschic007
    Options
    Be patient with it and it will work out. Give it at least a month! The not being hungry is part of eating too low calories. Your body gets used to not having enough food and learns how to function on that and stops sending hungry signals. Once I upped my calories, I started to feel hungry again and now eat every few hours. It's easier for me to reach my calorie and macro goals if I split my meals up and have lots of snacks rather than eating a lot in three sittings.
  • ackersb
    Options
    Be patient with it and it will work out. Give it at least a month! The not being hungry is part of eating too low calories. Your body gets used to not having enough food and learns how to function on that and stops sending hungry signals. Once I upped my calories, I started to feel hungry again and now eat every few hours. It's easier for me to reach my calorie and macro goals if I split my meals up and have lots of snacks rather than eating a lot in three sittings.

Thank you!! I am going to give it a try : )