My friend gives me her fat clothes....

Options
2»

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this one a lot. My older sister is losing weight, and is now to the point where she can wear the clothes that fit me when I started to lose. I don't want to hurt her feelings, and I feel like handing her clothes that are too big for me is such a touchy subject. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but she doesn't have a very big clothing budget and most of this stuff is nice.
    Last time I had a batch, I just tried honesty. I said "I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but I have a box of clothing that doesn't fit me anymore, and thought maybe you'd like to go through and see if any of it fits you."
    It's a really touchy subject, but I don't want to give it all away if she can use them :(
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I say accept the clothes, wear them until you've blown past that size then ask her if she'd like them back! :blushing:
  • jjelizalde
    Options
    Well said!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    free clothes are free clothes, if you want them, keep them, if you don't, give them to charity.

i'm happy to take other peoples fat clothes, because i figure i'm just passing through the weight, so it's pointless wasting money on more clothes when i don't intend to be wearing them in that size next year.
  • jjelizalde
    Options
    Frankly I'm thrilled to have friend's/relative's "fat clothes" because I don't look at them like that. Clothes that fit whatever transitional level I'm at are a bonus!
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My BFF and I started losing weight together in November. She started about 100 pounds smaller than I am so as I lose weight she's going to give me her "fat clothes" as she loses weight. I started out at 330, I'm down 31lbs and she's down 25 and eventually I'll be at 230 and her clothes will help me during the transition. She has to buy clothes as she shrinks and she doesn't wear them for very long until they don't fit anymore. I love that this will help my budget a lot when I get to that place. I can't believe how many clothes I can't wear anymore since I've lost 31 pounds. I am not ashamed of getting her cast off fat clothes. I'm proud of her hard work and I'm grateful for her generosity. I won't always have to wear her fat clothes and then someone else can take advantage of them.

My advice is to be proud of her, be proud of yourself, and treat the fat clothes for what they really are - a stepping stone.

This is the outlook you should have. You should use these clothes as a motivational tool! If you do not have the correct mentality to lose weight you never will! Every time you look at these clothes get fired up and use that fire!

I wish I had a guy friend that had fat clothes for me.... I still wear my fat clothes! I just shrink my shirts as much as I can and use a belt to hold up my jeans.

To give a better understand as to what I used to wear.. I used to weigh 386 pounds. I am currently wearing size 46 jeans when I can fit into a 36. Eh... I will not be buying new clothes until I start buying things for college. Even then, I am still leery about buying "new" clothes because I still have more weight to lose. So.. Second-hand store here I come!