suggestions for eating breakfast out?

Options
willywonka
willywonka Posts: 743 Member
We are taking my mother in law out for breakfast, what is something halfway healthy that I can get while dining out? And tasty too! :laugh:

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    We are taking my mother in law out for breakfast, what is something halfway healthy that I can get while dining out? And tasty too! :laugh:
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    Try asking for an egg white omlet with lots of veggies. You'll get a full plate without all the extra calories. Pair it with a piece of whole wheat toast- YUM!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you're pretty safe with eggs because you know what's in them but if you're concerned about the oil/butter they fry them in, most places can and will make you hard boiled (which I love but I get that some dont) whole wheat toast, tell them to put the butter on the side for those. Most places also serve fresh fruit salad (YUM). Just steer clear of the pancake platters. I am such a sucker for pancakes but they are so high in calories, lol :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Egg McMuffin, Coffee black, McD's fruit & yogurt parfait...

Ok, kidding, you're going somewhere nice.

Lotsa fresh fruits, little scrambled eggs, little toast. You know the rules, fresh good, baked bad, fried poison...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I always ask for NO GREASE....the waitress knows just what I mean.
    I get egg white omelet with veggies, and 1 piece of cheese
    crispy bacon
    sliced tomatos
    dry whole wheat toast

I am always very happy, and still have calories so I can eat the rest of the day LOL

HAVE FUN!!:flowerforyou:
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    I opted for scrambled eggs (looked to be about 2) I subsituted the potatoes for a small bowl of melon chunks (cantelope and honeydew) and for toast I had whole wheat toast which was a VERY large piece of toast so I cut it in half and had a few sips of unsweetened ice tea that I sweetened with Splenda.

Happy Mothers Day

Eggs= 197
    Melon= 54
    Total=251
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Good job, and happy Mom's day. :smile: