how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    straight off in the morning, every tuesday. no reason to go every day. I know I'm doing what I need to be doing daily, and I don't even want to worry about the potential for disappointment or stress about fluctuations. daily just seems like overkill to me.

(plus, then when I get in here to update, I get to update a big number lost rather than fractions of a pound. I like to see those big numbers. mentally, yeah, it would all be the same added up. but the bigger number is more aesthetically pleasing.)
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person...I weigh myself twice a day (morning and evening). Some people might say that this is excessive, but it is not for me. I can gain weight VERY easy, and weighing myself every morning lets me know if what I did the previous day was successful so I can change my habits if need be. Weighing myself at night is just out of curiosity. I can tell by night-time weight if I am going to be down or not in the morning (even though I weigh heavier at night than in the morning). Night time weighing is just a matter of impatience really...
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I found that as a formerly obese person, I need to "keep a vigilant" eye on things. Those of us who have lost a lot of weight can really pack on the pounds very quickly. And while weekly would be sufficient to do this, I like the routine of doing it every morning. I actually *like* seeing the fluctuations. I find them instructive for personal myth-busting. "All I have to do is look at a scoop of ice cream and I gain weight." Scale says....not true! "That pizza I ate ruined all my hard work. Ruined it!" Scale says...water weight. It disappears in 2 days.

And...I have learned not to be so attached to what the scale says. It goes up a little, it goes down a little. Every day. And that's fine. Only when it goes up, and stays up, do I need to be concerned.