Replies

• beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Bic bands are AWESOME!
  • ymcawonder
    ymcawonder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I second the Sweatybands. I own several, the thinnest width is my favorite. I have super fine, super straight hair and these stay put just fine through running, lifting, Pilates, and spin.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ambamm77
    Ambamm77 Posts: 76
    Options
    Sweaty bands at sweatybands.com. Really cute fabric on the outside,velvet lined so no slipping and a thin elastic band on the bottom half so it's not bulky. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!

This. I bought my first one late last year and had to buy more in Jan. I only bought one originally because I was skeptical because they usually don't work or I end up with a headache. These are amazing and they come in a lot of cute designs and widths. I recommend to everyone!!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion on the pre-wrap. I think I'm gonna try that out!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about Pre-Wrap, not sure if you have it where you are from. its the stuff they used to wrap with before they put a cast on, well they don't use it for that anymore, but soccer players have been using it for years because it doesn't move. I had the same issue as you. You can buy it at Sport's Check and Ardene (the ones from SC are better quality) they have all different colours and have zebra pattern and everything. It comes on a roll so you measure how much you want and just rip it off and tie a knot at the end and there's your headband! I was skeptical so she gave me some of hers and it works great! I think she said that it was around $10.

Good luck!

I use this for my hair, but I also use it to prevent blisters- when I do a marathon or a 1/2, I wrap my feet (loosly- it will adhere to your foot shape- too tight can cause tinglies!) where I tend to blister, and voila- happy feet at the end of a race!

Wow - nice...a multi-tasking tape/wrap. Headband, blister preventer :laugh:

Thanks for telling us about this. :flowerforyou:
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Sweaty Bandz are amazing!! I wear one for lifting and volleyball and don't need to adjust it at all :-) plus, it's super cute!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, esp because I have bangs... I just wear hats :P
    But there are a TON of great solutions here.... nice work ladies!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My hair eats hair bands :( I've yet to find one that works on mine. :/
  • hatsmom
    hatsmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about Pre-Wrap, not sure if you have it where you are from. its the stuff they used to wrap with before they put a cast on, well they don't use it for that anymore, but soccer players have been using it for years because it doesn't move. I had the same issue as you. You can buy it at Sport's Check and Ardene (the ones from SC are better quality) they have all different colours and have zebra pattern and everything. It comes on a roll so you measure how much you want and just rip it off and tie a knot at the end and there's your headband! I was skeptical so she gave me some of hers and it works great! I think she said that it was around $10.

Good luck!

Ok- I use that stuff for EVERYTHING- it is called Koban roll- you can get it in any drug store in the bandage section and it is like $4.99 for a 3 foot roll- BUT- here is the secret- it is also used for horse bandages! Go to any feed store and look in their medicine section- you will find the bigger rolls, in fabulous colors, for half the price! Usually about $3.00 a roll for the colors!!!

I use this for my hair, but I also use it to prevent blisters- when I do a marathon or a 1/2, I wrap my feet (loosly- it will adhere to your foot shape- too tight can cause tinglies!) where I tend to blister, and voila- happy feet at the end of a race!

Koban and Pre-wrap are entirely different. Koban yes, can be purchased at any farm and barn store for a lot cheaper than a drug store, but Pre-wrap is a stretchy material and very light in comparison to Koban. Pre-wrap can be purchased at Scheels, MC Sports, or your corner sporting goods store.

My daughter swears by the pre-wrap!!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When I had longer hair and did Kung Fu I needed to have my hair stay exactly in the same place the whole class or I wouldn't be able to get the same speed and force if it's slapping me in the face or if I'm getting little hairs in my mouth. Mere ponytails were not sufficient. They would always come out when I turn my head quickly. Because of this I would ALWAYS put my hair into two french braids for Kung Fu. Tight tight TIGHT french braids. Always did the trick.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I found pink pre-wrap at target in the hair accessory section. They had a lot of other colors too.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about Winger or something.

I'm out!
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!! I hate all those little flyaways that get in my face!
    I honestly just started using this Adidas headband that my little sister left at my house once. its the best one that I have come across. its smaller in circumference so I think that's why it works better.
    I've also found that using hair spray works too, especially if I spray my hair & then put the headband in right away! I use Dove Hairspray, Extra Hold. I like it because when it dries its not sticky!!

http://www.drugstore.com/dove-hairspray-extra-hold/qxp137620?catid=183510&fromsrch=dove

its alot cheaper than the link says if you get it a WalMart :)

thanks, ladies, for all the other suggestions!!!!!!!!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Proof that I grew up in the 80's...my first thought was Bon Jovi is still around.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    My first show was a couple of hair bands. Warrant and Poison.

Oh. Wrong topic.
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disapoint all the readers that thought this was about Winger, etc. :bigsmile: Need to check for mistakes before I post!!

Anyway, thanks so much for all of your suggestions. I have some online shopping to do. Need to get this hair thing figured out!

THANKS EVERYONE!
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love Bondi Bands. Their sweat wicking ones are my fave. If you use the coupon code FIVE you can get 5 for $25. I love how wide they are. It stays put even through a 90 min hot yoga class.