Need ideas for small changes

Options
I lost 50lbs in 2011. I am learning to maintain in 2012.

In 2011, I only recorded my weight loss when I would check in each week. If I didn't lose any or if I gained a lb, I wouldn't record it. Just to keep myself motivated.

I told myself in 2012 that I would record all fluctuations so I could be as honest with myself as possible. But I am so annoyed that since January 1st- I have gained 7lbs. :/

So last week- I gave up diet coke (again. it's a hard habit to break). I am looking for little small change ideas that I can incorporate each week.

I know of stuff I can do - but maybe there is something I haven't even thought of doing....

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to get rid of diet coke... unless it's just something you don't want to drink anymore. It hasn't been proven to slow or hurt weight loss.

What's you water intake like? Maybe have a goal to have an extra glass than you would usually have each day this week, than two next week etc.

How much processed things do you eat? Put salt on food? TONS of little things you can change.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Some of the changes that I made:
    1. When parking, park at the first spot you see instead of trying to get close to the door
    2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator
    3. When going to the grocery store for just one or two items, walk instead of taking the car.
    4. When standing the the Kitchen cooking, do plie squats, calf raises, counter push-ups
    5. make sure every meals is 50% veggies
    6. When doing short trips I ride my bike

Hope these help.
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My colleague and I spend 15 mins of our lunch break doing a brisk walk around the outside of the building. It makes a big difference =)
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did the math once and realized that to gain 10 lbs in a year (which is basically how I got here) you only need to eat 100 extra calories each day. So as you think of "little changes" maybe try to think of what might that will add up to 100 calories. The 15 minute daily walk is a great idea. Or maybe changing up your typical breakfast to something a little smaller (like having an english muffin instead of bagel or one piece of toast instead of two). Things like that.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Some of the changes that I made:
    1. When parking, park at the first spot you see instead of trying to get close to the door
    2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator
    3. When going to the grocery store for just one or two items, walk instead of taking the car.
    4. When standing the the Kitchen cooking, do plie squats, calf raises, counter push-ups
    5. make sure every meals is 50% veggies
    6. When doing short trips I ride my bike

Hope these help.

Great tips! I do all these plus I turn up the radio while cleaning and cooking and get my groove on! Burns some cals and if you do it right gives you a great ab workout ;)
  • CountandBaxter
    CountandBaxter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The food and diet tips are great! that's what I'm looking for.

Walking or working out more is something that is not a problem. I work out a lot - (almost) 2 a days/6 days a week.

I eat my exercise calories back most of the time- and If I don't- I usually make up for it on the weekends.