Options
    On Mother's Day, enjoy your special day.:flowerforyou:

I ran 6 miles this morning.

:heart: -Kechie.

Mother's Day Blog - www.thetoyladyruns.blogspot.com
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,369 Member
    Options
    Eleven for me yesterday. No running for me today. Have a great day!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I just got home from a 20 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run. It was a very nice morning and looks to be an even better day.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy Mothers Day to you all.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Well I just did 7.5... but what I've been lucky enough to avoid finally happened to me.... I fell! Yup tripped and fell on my face, scraped my knee up and everything. I just sat there on the road crying (yea I was being a baby plus I can't be with my mom today so I was already upset). No one even stopped to see if I was ok, even the old man that walked by me. Has this happened to you guys?! My friend Bri did it 3 times in a month and I've just been waiting for it to happen to me. Anyways Happy Running and Happy Mother's Day moms!

~Leash :heart:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Well I just did 7.5... but what I've been lucky enough to avoid finally happened to me.... I fell! Yup tripped and fell on my face, scraped my knee up and everything. I just sat there on the road crying (yea I was being a baby plus I can't be with my mom today so I was already upset). No one even stopped to see if I was ok, even the old man that walked by me. Has this happened to you guys?! My friend Bri did it 3 times in a month and I've just been waiting for it to happen to me. Anyways Happy Running and Happy Mother's Day moms!

Thanks and thanks for sharing your story Leash!

Yup! I too have fallen.:embarassed: However, no one was around. Of course, I run in my neighborhood so maybe someone was looking out of their window. :noway:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The kids were up before me this morning (that never happens!), so I missed my morning run. had a chance to hit the gym this afternoon, and jumped on the TM for the first time in probably a year. Drove me crazy!! Kept cranking up the pace just to get it over, but I still quit after two miles:frown: Did have a good strength training session though.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I have fallen before as well. Nothing made me fall, I just....fell. I was embarassed more than anything. There was a man nearby working on his truck and I know him. He asked, as he was chuckling, if I was okay. hahaha.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 intervals of 6 minutes which is another minute added on. I was running by myself with the two kids playing so they got antsy and we had to go. I was just happy to get that other minute in. Plus it was wind gusts of 20 mph+ Very hard to jog in!
  • puppylove84
    puppylove84 Posts: 38
    Options
    did my personal best today - 14 miles (well... 12 miles of running... at about mile 10 my legs got confused.. the begged and pleaded with me to stop alllll the way home after that :grumble: ). I figure if 8 miles is easy for me now, I can make 14 easy too... it'll just take some effot :bigsmile:
  • puppylove84
    puppylove84 Posts: 38
    Options

I did that twice in one run a few weeks ago! and then once more after that.... I do have a dog to blame, but it really doesn't make it any less embarrassing. Just consider the scrapes and bruises battle scars - proof of your hard work :flowerforyou: