stuck in a rutt

elliott062907
elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have not lost that much sonce Easter. I eat a lot of fruit, veggie meals and drink sugar free and water all the time. I hold it wasy on heavy meats and eat mainly fish or chicken a few days a week. Not every day. I exercise here and there, when I can. The weather since March has rained from day to day... No Joke. Very rainy Spring so far.

I try to stay with in my cals and stay as sugar free as I can. So why the halt in weight loss?? It is wearing me out.

You hear so many things that work for so many others, I just don't know what to do....

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I have not lost that much sonce Easter. I eat a lot of fruit, veggie meals and drink sugar free and water all the time. I hold it wasy on heavy meats and eat mainly fish or chicken a few days a week. Not every day. I exercise here and there, when I can. The weather since March has rained from day to day... No Joke. Very rainy Spring so far.

I try to stay with in my cals and stay as sugar free as I can. So why the halt in weight loss?? It is wearing me out.

You hear so many things that work for so many others, I just don't know what to do....
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    I had the same thing going. I cut my fruits to two a day, upped my veggies and quit diet soda. I am about to change my ticker! Two lbs down in a week again!!!!!!! (oh, yeah, and I upped my water ! ) :smile:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Our bodies are really amazing little machines, but they are very stubborn too. They want to stay the same and resist change. So, if you've been doing pretty much the same thing for a period of time, your body will catch on and learn to adjust to the calories you're taking in and the calories you are expending. And then it just sits there and crosses it's arms like a pouty child and refuses to do what you want it to anymore, which is to drop the pounds. This is why we hit those dreaded plateaus.

So mix it up. Try adding a different kind of workout, or up the intensity of the workouts you do. Interval training is great too. Maybe up your calories a little bit by 100-200 per day. You'll still be in the deficit, so you won't gain any weight. All of these things confuse your body and reduce it's ability to stay the same, which should result in you seeing the pounds coming off again.
This discussion has been closed.