Dining Out - Mexican Restaurant

Options
13»

Replies

• deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I recently had Mexican spiced grilled Tilapia and it was great (and I don't even like fish that much). It came with a salad an salsa.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I generally stick to chicken fajitas. I skip the sour cream and cheese as the onions and peppers as well as the salsa give it a fine taste. The pinto beans are great too.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    if you want an unique restaurant experience... ask for a chicken fa-ji-duh when you order.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I order what I want and make sure it includes some queso! I deserve a treat and am willing to have a few salads in the surrounding days or add a workout...I am a believer in moderation. :)
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I order what I want and make sure it includes some queso! I deserve a treat and am willing to have a few salads in the surrounding days or add a workout...I am a believer in moderation. :)

and pickles.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    We have a favorite Mexican restaurant here in town we love to visit. I just have such a hard time with ordering what I think would be lower calorie/ lower fat. I always end up with the fish tacos' (fish is grilled not breaded).

What is your favorite food at a mexican restaurant that fits into a healthy eating lifestyle.

Same boat...different ocean.

The mexican restaurant we have in town is fantastic but everything seems so unhealthy. I usually get grilled fish tacos which as far as I can tell aren't bad but the chips/salsa I eat always kills the meal (health-wise).
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I get fajitas, don't eat the rice or tortillas - ask for extra lettuce and eat it like a salad, with a little cheese and quacamole and salsa - YUMMMM!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Now I want Mexican!!!!! Yummy!!!!!!!!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a great recipe for almost zero calorie margaritas...they are fantastic!!!!!
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    Now I want Mexican!!!!! Yummy!!!!!!!!
    same here.