<--- new kid

Options
Hello everyone! I'm setting out to lose about 70 pounds, and since I've relocated to the middle of nowhere, Louisiana, I don't have anyone to help me get off of my butt and and assist in holding myself accountable. I'm hoping myfitness works.

I recently discovered I have borderline high cholesterol and this terrifies me. I'm almost 40 and I need to get back to healthy.

I've read some good success stories here, I've heard the people are friendly and I'm hoping to find some like-minded pals and that we can all help each other.

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You won't be sorry you joined. Feel free to add me
  • cris2datina
    Options
    Hello,

I joined a few weeks ago as well. I have to admit I am not the best at keeping up with what I eat. I have a very busy schedule and forget to add my foods. I just started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred as well. I am on day 2.. and looking forward to the results. Hope you reach your goal!! :)
  • Juxtaposie
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm going to need all the help that I can get!
  • GoingForBroke
    Options
    Hello! I'm new too and looking for a support network (as all of my real life friends are skinny malinkeys who don't understand the allure of chocolate!)

Good luck with your weight loss. I'm sure you'll love MFP (I've been using the app just for calorie counting until now and am addicted!)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to support you and in turn get support. :) We can never have too many personal cheerleaders! Feel free to add me. My diary's are always open, good or bad. Have a great Wednesday!
  • Juxtaposie
    Options
    Today I take the plunge of calorie counting! You guys are great! And you're right, we can never have too many cheerleaders!
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We are all here for the same reason....and will support each other :smile:
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey New Kid! Feel free to add me as well! :flowerforyou:
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've been here since January and absolutely love it! The people are so supportive and motivating. Add me too!
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just joined a few days ago and need to lose 98 pounds. Feel free to add me, we can do it together!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I just moved OUT of the middle of nowhere, Louisiana to NYC- but I will be your friend!
  • kate_mariebug
    Options
    welcome to MFP :) please feel free to add! best of luck.
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the middle of nowhere Louisiana...should be considered East Texas! Welcome in to the mix.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you like! You can do this! You wont be sorry you joined us all xx
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    welcome, add away! best of luck!!
  • Elohvey
    Elohvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I also joined recently, and I'm aiming to lower my cholesterol as well. I'll be sending a request!
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    welcome! i was born in the capital of LOUISIANA but now live right outside the capital of NC! i've been an MFP'r since Jan...love this place!

i'm in my 40's and have just been told my thyroid is hypo - which is underactive - making my journey a little more difficult! i'm in it for the long haul though!

good luck...add me if you'd like!
  • Juxtaposie
    Options
    I love this site. You guys are all so amazing! Thank you for being so supportive. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome and feel free to add me.

I'd reccomend making your diary available for friends as I use this
    as a little extra motivation to keep on the straight and narrow.

I forced myself to go to the gym today as didn't want ot go any longer
    without an exercise note on my wall.

Good luck with your journey.

Nicola xxx
  • betina8
    betina8 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome to myfitness pal. This will really help you to lose weight. It makes it easy to record your food intake and your exercise. I've joined on February and have already lost 10 pounds. I know I can lose more if I exercise more but it's hard for me to make the time.