Back on birth control and the scale hates me

Options
I have been recently placed back on birth control by my doctor. I swear I have gained a pound three weeks in a row. I am eating the same, exercising the same and drinking more water than before. I was losing 1-2 lbs weekly up until this new rx.

Any suggestions or insight on when I should even out? I'm just about in tears each time I step on the scale. :sad:

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have been recently placed back on birth control by my doctor. I swear I have gained a pound three weeks in a row. I am eating the same, exercising the same and drinking more water than before. I was losing 1-2 lbs weekly up until this new rx.

Any suggestions or insight on when I should even out? I'm just about in tears each time I step on the scale. :sad:

if you feel you are having symptoms as a result of taking the BCP, you really should be talking with the physician who prescribed them, and not consulting here.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Most of the time when you start a new hormone therapy, which oral contraceptives are, you will experience some weight gain or weight loss. I suggest either consulting your physician or your pharmacist, because there are thousands of oral contraceptives, and you should be able to find one that works best for you
  • tifarahmonteith
    tifarahmonteith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was on Seasonale for awhile, and went from my usual 135ish to 149 lb the first 6 months!! I didn't eat and exercise the same though, but I blame that too on the pill.......I felt terrible all the time, was bloated, and had a lot of horrible side effects. After going off of that pill I started taking Demulen about 1.5 years ago and have been back under 140 lb for over a year now! I guess what I'm saying is that some pills are HORRIBLE while others you can't even tell you're on something! I know that a lot of doctor's want you to stay on something for at least 6 months or so until your body can adjust, but sometimes it's just not worth it. You know your body, if you know this kind is wrong for you, GET IT CHANGED!!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Birth Control Pill is the reason I joined MFP:explode: