Dating/Seeing/Married to someone you met on MFP?

Options
scapez
scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
It happens...you're minding your own business, logging your foodstuffs and your calories earned from sweat equity...rah-rah'ing your friends on, posting snarky stuff in the forums...

...and then you meet THE ONE. You may or may not have been looking to meet said ONE here on MFP...but lo and behold...there they are. They can be sneaky like that.

So I know I'm not the only one...I have friends that have met here and are exploring more (since many of us don't live in the same state as the one we found so it can be a tad challenging) and I want to hear from the rest of you crazy kids and your MFP love adventures. 'Specially those who started off in different states...how did you make things work?

I like to tell mine that "he had me at WTG". :heart:

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    LOL! I'm so happy for you BTW!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    hahaha that is awesome.

dating someone on here would be a great thing im sure because if they are as motivated as you are, u guys can help each other stay motivated and workout together and just do what it takes to keep a healthy lifestyle!
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Aww that's so sweet!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Lol no but that's awesome. Wtg! Haha
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! I'm married, but if I weren't, this place would be a definite possibility of a place to meet someone.
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    Options
    aww congrats! have you guys met goals together? that is awesome! wish you both the best!
  • krish55
    krish55 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well my story is more facebook centred:D. Does that count?
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Cute!

The only other love story from MFP I can think of is the one between AdrenalineJunky34 and The_Saint, and they lived in different states.
    It's also incredibly heartwarming and adorable :smile:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It happens...you're minding your own business, logging your foodstuffs and your calories earned from sweat equity...rah-rah'ing your friends on, posting snarky stuff in the forums...

...and then you meet THE ONE. You may or may not have been looking to meet said ONE here on MFP...but lo and behold...there they are. They can be sneaky like that.

So I know I'm not the only one...I have friends that have met here and are exploring more (since many of us don't live in the same state as the one we found so it can be a tad challenging) and I want to hear from the rest of you crazy kids and your MFP love adventures. 'Specially those who started off in different states...how did you make things work?

I've met them and they're a lovely pair.

Even if they pull their phones out two seconds after a meal... :tongue: :wink:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I can sooo relate to this....I am currently dating someone on MFP and I can say neither one of us were looking, It just fell in our laps so to speak. we grew closer and closer with each email, wall post ....The distance isnt too bad for us about 3.5 hours but well worth the drive ! I can honeslty say I have found my one true love on MFP !!! I wish you the best !!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    <
    Nope but single....

And accepting applications :wink:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am married to MFP itself.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am married to MFP itself.
    Me, too.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    :heart:

WTG!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Awwww Thats cute!!! You should tell him that!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I met my wife on Yahoo Personals in 2001. We didn't need MFP back then. ;)
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    SOOO Sweet and SUPER happy for both of you! I met MY "ONE" in a game called Everquest YEARS ago. We lived in different parts of the country and neither of us were "looking" but it happened anyway! Barbarian Shaman and Woodelf Warrior eventually ended up married in real life and this August will be 8 years!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Hearing stories like yours let's me know that the whole online thing is still possible! :) Whether it be from MFP, Match.com, E-Harmony, etc... Super happy for you! :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    So utterly adorable :) I think it'd be a great way to meet The One. You're going to at least be on the same page fitness and health wise.

I met my husband on Facebook. So, it really is a good way to meet someone who's a good match for you, I think. I'm not very big on flirting and social rituals at the beginning... it's more my style to not beat around the bush and go right for it! LOL. So, it works for people like me.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Hearing stories like yours let's me know that the whole online thing is still possible! :) Whether it be from MFP, Match.com, E-Harmony, etc... Super happy for you! :)

Accck! Never match.com, e-harmony, or any other dating site.