starbucks!!!

Options
I was just looking online at the nutrition info on some of my favorite starbucks treats and I found out that I can still enjoy them just in the light form. Im super excited about this because I LOVE starbucks. Who could imagine you could get a pumpkin spice Frap and only use 150 calories so delightful. Just wanted to share in my excitement!!!

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was just looking online at the nutrition info on some of my favorite starbucks treats and I found out that I can still enjoy them just in the light form. Im super excited about this because I LOVE starbucks. Who could imagine you could get a pumpkin spice Frap and only use 150 calories so delightful. Just wanted to share in my excitement!!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I did the same, but for Costa, and it was so nice to realise that I can still go out for a coffee with friends and not blow my whole days calories :tongue:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I had to put a friend straight about that - she was shocked when she found out I received Starbucks gift cards from a couple of students for "Teacher Appreciation Week" and talked about the cals. I told her all about the "light" versions of my faves. :happy:
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    Im so excited Im going to have a starbucks light frap on my cheat day even though its actually good for me lol!!!
  • kelli_panzera
    kelli_panzera Posts: 171
    Options
    I know this sounds silly, but I work for starbucks and i am trying to find out where you found the nutritional information for the frap. 150 is correct for the nonfat milk in the tall size, but pumpkin spice syrup is not sugar/calorie free and unfortunately neither is the base. I'm not trying to be a bummer, but each syrup is around 20 calories per pump, and our new base doesn't have any caloric info on it at all that I noticed. So again, please forgive my question, but maybe it is a regional difference, or a licensed store rather than a corporate store.>. I notice the licensed stores use different products.
    Have a great day!
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    i found the info at www.starbucks.com wow what a bummer that is for real. Do you know how many calories are in thechi frap? thats one of my favs for real totally love it
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like to get a Skinny latte. 90 cals for the 12 oz up to 160 cals for the 20oz. Non fat milk and you can get sugar-free vanilla, hazelnut, caramel, or cinnamon dolce flavor. :bigsmile:
  • slieber
    Options
    I know this sounds silly, but I work for starbucks and i am trying to find out where you found the nutritional information for the frap. 150 is correct for the nonfat milk in the tall size, but pumpkin spice syrup is not sugar/calorie free and unfortunately neither is the base. I'm not trying to be a bummer, but each syrup is around 20 calories per pump, and our new base doesn't have any caloric info on it at all that I noticed. So again, please forgive my question, but maybe it is a regional difference, or a licensed store rather than a corporate store.>. I notice the licensed stores use different products.
    Have a great day!

All of our Starbucks have sugar-free syrup available. The only places that tend not to have them are the ones in the Barnes and Noble Bookstores, here. Granted, I usually only get caramel and mocha, which come sugar-free. And the base is low-cal, here, as well.

I doubt it's a regional difference but newer products may not have the sugar-free varieties out as yet.
  • kelli_panzera
    kelli_panzera Posts: 171
    Options
    We do have all the sugar free varieties of syrups that are available here. The bases for the frapps are not sugar or calorie free and are included along with your pumps of sugar free sweetener and sugar free flavored syrups. There are inconsistencies from store to store...for example, Albertson's, Target, and the bookstores use some different products and bases for some of their drinks than the corporate stores do. I know the quality of the products that my store puts out and I am proud to be a part of this team. I also know that as a diabetic with a new lifestyle and a lot of weight to lose that this is the most frustrating place EVER because everything is so darn good. I always loved the sugar free nonfat caramel cream based frapp. It tastes like butterscotch ,but again, blood sugar skyrockets (due to the base) and its still too many calories for me :tongue: Have a great day and i'll get back about the chai!
  • slieber
    Options
    If you get the "light" variety, they have much fewer cals than the regular. They taste just as good, at least to me. :-)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    When you go into Starbuck's, there's a nutrition pamphlet usually in the area with the sweeteners & sugars.