Foot Problem

Options
Fit4_Life
Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
Anyone have problems with their feet, or similar to what I am going through? I wear good shoes. Once in a while I get a sharp pain or spasms on the ball of my right foot and it's very discomforting to walk or run on. Then I have to walk on the side of my foot to avoid the pain. The nerve shoots up to my 3rd toe and tingles. It feels like the Phalange bone overlaps a nerve. Frustrating!

Replies

• KnotNow9295
    Options
    I had a similar issue summer before last - but you're not going to like what I'm about to type.

I went to the doctor for foot pain that kept me from walking and was diagnosed with a stress fracture in one of the tarsal bones. But while the doctor looked at the x-ray, he asked me about tingling/numbness in my middle toes. Yes, I had lots of that, but mostly when I was on the elliptical for an extended period of time. There was a 'fuzziness' between the bones of my foot that (I think) he called a neuroma.

My treatment was wearing a stupid, flat-soled shoe that kept my foot from bending at all as I walked. Good news - it fixed both the stress fracture and the neuroma. Bad news - I couldn't exercise all summer.

For what it's worth, that's my similar experience - the difference being we think it was caused by wearing walking/running shoes that were completely worn out. I buy good ones now and replace them more often, too!