NSV - 11 min. mile

marekdds
marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
Ok, it isn't world class speed, unless they give me a 7 min head start, I won't win the olympics. However, considering I will be 60 in less than 2mo. I am excited. A year ago, I couldn't walk a half mile w/o calling the paramedics. And I did a 5k in 36 min, my best time ever. YAY!. If I can do it, so can you. Good luck to you all in your journey.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    60?! You don't even look close to 60! You look amazing :) So glad you're able to do an 11 min. mile :)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    I just started c25k this week and have felt like i'm going to die, so this is very inspiring to me.
    Amazing job!! And I agree with the above poster, you certainly don't look 60!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    You go lady! I know how you feel...I used to run a 5:32 mile in highschool but when I started again I could barely wheeze out a 10 minute one....BUT I have improved by 30 seconds since (a month) then, so don't cross the olympics just yet ;)

Keep it up!!
  • Tazimodo
    Tazimodo Posts: 13
    A fantastic result!!! The first time I did the 5K it took almost 39 minutes and I am 28!! Really impressed with your times and motivation- well done you!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    11:00/mi is great!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
    Thanks everbody, keeps me inspired to keep going.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Outstanding!!! You are awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!