do i have eat back the calories from workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have a question my doc put me on a 1200 cal diet alond with Phen. I am barely managing 900 cal a day withpout credit for exercise. Honestly there are times I am starving. I will snack on something small but I am still at the 900 mark. If I eat more I get nausated. Help! Any suggestions on what I should do?
    Phen question-
    How long have you been taking it? The whole not feeling like eating thing went away for me after the first week. I am on 30 mg and can't find any info to see if I am safe to ask him to up my dose. I lost 8 lbs first 2 weeks and then the weight loss completely stopped and I am still staying in 1200 cal and eating back when I exercise. I was hoping for a jump start to get me back on the right path but they make me anxious and not feel like myself and if I'm not loosing more than usual I may as well just go without.
  • sg_02
    sg_02 Posts: 11
    Options
    I totally agree, I wish MFP had something like that. Coz it can be confusing ..
    I looked at my profile goals , The net calorie intakes reccommended per day includes 3 workout days. So i am assuming that the calories suggested per day have already taken 3 workout days i added into calculations. Phew!!!!
    neverthless am making healthy eating changes and workout is on!! so am happy about that as well!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I would. If you don't want them I'll eat them. LOL
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    just beware of the dangerous carbs
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    xBeautifulBreakdown Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I work out about 2hrs a day so I eat back half of mine so that I'm not starving but can still stay under calorie goal.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    MFP does not include your workout goals into your calorie goals until you actually workout. A lot of people SAY they are going to work out but it doesn't mean that they actually DO workout. That is why it tells you to eat back your calories after you complete a workout.

MFP does, however, take into account your lifestyle, i.e. sedentary, lightly active, moderately active, and active. If you say you are lightly active, they will give you more calories to account for it. If you are sedentary, you get less calories, etc.
  • kimi72
    kimi72 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have been taking it for about a week since 3/6/12. Yes the whole not wnting to eat went away quickly. I take 37.5 pills. I am still losing about a pound a day roughly. I do eat alot of salads and heathly choice meals. I walk about 30 mins 2-3 days aweek. Single mom so I don't get alot of time to myself.
  • shanny72mc
    Options
    I usually don't eat mine back. If I'm hungry I might, but as a general rule no. If you're trying to lose weight why would you eat back what you burned off? To me it seems like one would just exercise to be able to eat more.....
  • kimi72
    kimi72 Posts: 17
    Options
    Ugh what is an unhealthy carb?
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You explained it the same way my daughter did. Thank you!
  • KelliMourer87
    Options
    I was going to ask this as one of my daft questions. I've earned 705 calories back, and yes I'm now feeling hungry. But feel greedy for wanting to eat. But I do understand that it may hinder my progress if I don't put back some proteins and carbs, (I've read a sports thingy at work). But not sure I can do the 705, but have my banana and a few nuts to eat. Glad I stumbled on this question. :flowerforyou:

Instead of eating the full 705, eat half or 1/4 if you want. But I would eat, your body just got it's butt kicked. I am loving the Slim Fast 3-2-1 shakes, I am eating that and an orange for dinner so a little over 200 calories!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Only if you want long term success and to look good naked. Otherwise, no.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat mine back. If I'm hungry I might, but as a general rule no. If you're trying to lose weight why would you eat back what you burned off? To me it seems like one would just exercise to be able to eat more.....

Why? Because some people understand how MFP works.

When you set up MFP - did you enter a weight loss goal?
    or did you select Maintain weight?

You ALREADY put a deficit in there if you selected weight loss. Without exercise included.

Too great a deficit is bad for your weight loss goals, long term and short term too.

If you don't believe - use the Search button for "weight stall", "plateau", "stopped losing" ect for what will happen to you too if you don't appreciate this fact.

Know your tools!
  • Rallison1965
    Rallison1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You know.... Im feeling the same way you are about eating the calories back...... but I get so hungry
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

That's EXACTLY why I exercise! LOL Otherwise, I'm restricted to my 1400 cal/day!!
  • nikdonbon
    nikdonbon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a question my doc put me on a 1200 cal diet alond with Phen. I am barely managing 900 cal a day withpout credit for exercise. Honestly there are times I am starving. I will snack on something small but I am still at the 900 mark. If I eat more I get nausated. Help! Any suggestions on what I should do?
  • nikdonbon
    nikdonbon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating higher calorie foods. I have heard of some eating avocado ect. If not you might want to talk to your dr.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I only eat mine back if I'm hungry. I refuse to force myself to eat if I'm not and I'm still losing weight, inches and I have plenty of energy for my workouts. If you find out you're hungry, eat some of them! You won't gain weight from doing it.