Nanny state alert!

Fitboyfat
Fitboyfat Posts: 7 Member
For the past three days I've been sucessful in keeping to my tight regime, however I did this by making a lovely pot of chilli on Monday that lasted three days. It had a load of carrot, onion, celery, kidney beans and red / yellow peppers in, plus loads of tomatoes. However if I am to believe this week's news, I a damned to an early death because it also contained a moderate amount of minced beef (Red meat be damned!!)

I take comfort by reading the back papers in which the fact that I breath in benzine every time I fill up my car, am over weight, live within the reaches of the sun's rays and work means this red meat treat is overshadowed, and I'll probably pop my clogs next Tuesday.

Let's not believe all we are told!!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I should have been dead years ago. :drinker:
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 213 Member
    EH! If red meat is gonna kill me I'll die one happy woman! That being said I generally eat game meat and leaner cuts, but I couldn't imagine life without it!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    If my father, who was a Type II Diabetic and ate whole pints of ice cream by himself in an hour, had dessert with every meal, drowned all his food in salt and ate more fried anything than most sane people, could manage to almost make it to 60 then I think we're alright.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    I have iron deficiency anemia, so red meat is a must to get the iron back up. Ohhh well.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    As I said when I saw an alarmist-like article about red meat and bacon this week, I guess I have about twenty years left. Twenty glorious, bacon-filled years. That's my response and I'm sticking to it. :)
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    I really dont care about all the dont do this dont do that. As long as I go out in my sleep or just having sex , I will go out happy.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    I have trouble taking these studies seriously, since so many of them contradict each other.

My approach is to accept the ones that validate what I already believe, and ignore the rest.

So once I find one that says that pizza and beer are good for you, I'm all set.