Three Pies in the Break Room

Options

Replies

• secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You should eat them all to save everyone else from suffering

what a way to encourage and yes im being sarcastic here TO SOME PPL WOW PLAIN F'N WOW!!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Jeez, we "celebrate" anything and everything in this country with fattening things and then WONDER WHY WE ARE ALL OBESE.

This prbly deserves its own post - but I've started wondering lately why I've decided it's a celebration to have something that I know will cause me discomfort and misery for the next few days: Beer, refined sugar (cake, etc), refined flour (pizza in particular), fast food (BACONATOR, BABY!)...

Exactly how feeling sick, lethargic, bloated and depressed for the next week or so is a reward, I haven't quite sorted out.
  • stephkyp
    stephkyp Posts: 12
    Options
    BACK AWAY FROM THE PIES (HAHAHAHHA) NO SERIOUSLY!!!
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That's great:bigsmile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    That sucks.

The boss here insists on bringing in donuts every monday.

Really. Good. Donuts.

I have learned from a coworker that what you're craving is the FLAVOR, so he will take like a tiny flaked-off bit of the donut glazing and let it melt around in his mouth. That - he claims - stops the craving.

In reality, I've found that works about half the time. The other half, I end up wanting to scarf down three of the damned things.

So... as with so many things... your mileage may vary ;)

R

I'm sooooo lucky! There is NO such thing as really good donuts.

Now - if only I could say that about chocolate .....
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Pie is good, but what you are trying to achieve is better. If you just can't fight the urge, allow yourself one, a very small sliver of a piece. And if you do have one..DO NOT beat yourself up over it :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

what a way to encourage and yes im being sarcastic here TO SOME PPL WOW PLAIN F'N WOW!!

***Here's your stick***

It was a joke...seeings as how there is no sarcasm font, you have to have a sense of humor to get this
  • tkramh
    tkramh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Embrace it! Here's what I do:

Go to the break room where all of the folks are pigging out on the pies. Walk around them discussing just how wonderful they look and smell, all the time hovering over the ones that working down all of those calories. Then I just walk away without eating a thing, thanking the one who brought in the culinary delights. An hour later I'm full of energy and all of those who chose to partake are restless and ready for nap.

Remember - embrace it, know it's there, and learn to walk away from it! It's great therapy and will help you down the road :)

Good luck!!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    That sucks.

The boss here insists on bringing in donuts every monday.

Really. Good. Donuts.

I have learned from a coworker that what you're craving is the FLAVOR, so he will take like a tiny flaked-off bit of the donut glazing and let it melt around in his mouth. That - he claims - stops the craving.

In reality, I've found that works about half the time. The other half, I end up wanting to scarf down three of the damned things.

So... as with so many things... your mileage may vary ;)

R

or you could, you know ... eat a donut.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Really. Good. Donuts.

Nah. I'd rather lose the weight, have more energy, feel better long-run, and be able to have a more satisfying dinner.

It's all tradeoffs, ya know?

(Except... sometimes... when I [/i]have a donut[/i]. Shh.)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    DON'T DO IT. :)
    Keep it up! I HATE it when people bring in treats at work!

It's Pi Day! I, personally put eight pies in the breakroom at work! Again, It's Pi Day!!!!

It's my personal goal to not eat any sweets unless it is for a REAL special/celebratory occasion. 3/14 NOT a real celebration, it is AN EXCUSE to be unhealthy as far as I am concerned.

Jeez, we "celebrate" anything and everything in this country with fattening things and then WONDER WHY WE ARE ALL OBESE.

Not trying to be mean, but Pi Day is a real celebration--for math people. My Aunt's a Geometry teacher and head of the math department in her school and always looks forward to the day so she can wear her Pi-related clothes and jewelry. There's no actual pie eating involved. The consumption of pie thing is just for a pun and done by people who don't actually celebrate the day, just the funny "haha Pi and Pie are almost the same word" aspect. It's nothing to get angry over, much less insult any minor celebrations over. If anything be angry with the corporations in charge of what comes out on "major" holidays like Easter and Halloween which is filled with nothing but fattening food and sweets. They've made the masses believe what should or shouldn't be had, Pi Day isn't forced down anyone's throats nor does it really affects the sales of pies.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

Now - if only I could say that about chocolate .....

you've clearly never been to portland's voodoo donuts.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    Really. Good. Donuts.

Nah. I'd rather lose the weight, have more energy, feel better long-run, and be able to have a more satisfying dinner.

It's all tradeoffs, ya know?

(Except... sometimes... when I [/i]have a donut[/i]. Shh.)

pretty sure you can eat a donut and still continue weight loss. actually, no ... I'm positive.

this whole thing isn't about restrictions and what you can't have. at least, it shouldn't be. fit it in your calories and eat it. eat it and hit the gym for 20 minutes if it doesn't already fit. or, if it doesn't work, don't eat it. but it shouldn't be a rule of thumb daily that you can never eat anything that tastes good.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I say go dump it all in the trash and then put a paper plate & napkin over it so no one knows. ;)
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I found the depriving myself of the items I like just makes me hate this change. So since it is "Pi day" in my office also, I took a piece and washed out one of my lunch containers. Now after I go to the gym and burn off more calories then this slice of pie, I can eat it.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

***Here's your stick***

It was a joke...seeings as how there is no sarcasm font, you have to have a sense of humor to get this

COTT.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options

***Here's your stick***

COTT.

You called?
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

***Here's your stick***

COTT.

You called?

Me thinks it needs pie.
  • smoten
    smoten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i saw this Guru Dr. man on TV once that said if you are having trouble obstaining from a particular food you can picture it wil worms and bugs crawing all over it.
    i have tried this once or twice and it worked.
    Good Luck!
  • smoten
    smoten Posts: 53 Member
    Options

***Here's your stick***

COTT.
    there really should be sarcasm font, i would use it in BOLD/UPPERCASE all the time.