I need opinions....

Options
I have done the C25K in the past, but was not able to complete it due to some medical problems that arose, but now I am back at it!! and I LOVE the program. But now, I have a treadmill. Before I was strictly an outside runner, and if the weather was bad, I just didn't go. Now that I have my treadmill I run almost every day. So now my question/delimma......I feel as though I'm ready to move on to the next week when I'm running outside, but running on the treadmill is VERY different for me, it's very new...and I'm not used to being forced to run at a specific speed...I'm used to being able to slightly slow down when I'm running outside. So do I move on to the next week? Or do I keep at this week until I'm ready both on the streets and on the treadmill?

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I hate treadmills. I'd say if you're running outside and you feel you can push on, then push on. That's how I did it. Last summer I started at 2 miles. I moved to three. By fall I was up to ten.

Go as far as you feel you can go.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are running - good for you! It doesn't really matter WHERE you run. If your weather is nice, I'd say go for outside because scenery is distracting and fresh air is wonderful. Either way, keep rockin' it!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I do very much prefer runnning outside...nothing beats it! But there are some days when I have no choice...and right now it's been about every other day....one day outside, one day on the treadmill...I am definitely ready to move on outside...so idk...I'm thinking maybe move on when I know I'll be outside, and then stay where I'm at when I'm on the treadmill...as long as I don't confuse them LOL