Am I eating enough or too much?

Options
I often wonder if I am eating enough, too much or not enough. It is all so confusing. I average 1200 net calories per day, sometimes more sometimes less. I workout 4-6 days per week for an hour to an hour and a half per day and burn anywhere between 500-1000 calories per day. Most days my protein, carbs and fat are equally balanced but somedays my carbs are around 50% and fat and protein are equal. I have lost 7 pounds and would like to lose 5 more. But these 5 seem impossible to get off. Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If you only have 5 pounds to lose, you might want to change your settings to 0.5 lbs per week instead of 2 lbs. The last bit of weight comes off slower the closer you are to your goal weight.
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ok I made that adjustment. Thanks!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i agree, if you have only a few to lose aim for only 0.5 per week.

it might help you to read this, there is a great post on pg 7 or 8 by 'psufilmgirl', eating too little (eating 1200 and burning 500-1000 means you are netting between 200-700) can affect your loss!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/522685-seriously-1200-calories-or-less
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My last 2 lbs were the hardest, they seemed to hang on forever. Believe it or not, I had to up my calories! And like the previous poster mentioned I also set my goal to .5 lb a week. Good luck! :)
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That was some good info.